Rate the window

How do you rate the window out of 10

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
9. We’ve still got time to shift some more dross (and maybe get an attacker in) in the next couple of weeks so it can score higher....

I don't think we were ever going to 'replace' Pickford. I don't know why people convinced themselves otherwise.

The club clearly started the window trusting Pickford. I'd wager up until the Fleetwood match there was actually no real intent to even try for another GK; if an opportunity came up then we'd maybe make a move, hence the Romero intermediary chat.

The Brighton game the other day was the final push for us to go and get a stop-gap in to push Pickford, who now has this season to save his Everton career – he's "on notice", as it were. If he doesn't pick up, we have a better back-up ready and waiting to take his place. We clearly wanted Romero and United blocked that move. Olsen was the one available with the budget we have.

The Kean one is weird. It's not so much replacing him, it's just we needed a bit more quality in that area of the squad anyway imo. A forward who is versatile enough to play in a few positions.

Had we got Tomori on loan, we wouldn't have got Godfrey and maybe that money had been earmarked for a forward. Perhaps with the injuries we've had we've again had to allocate funds we had earmarked for one position to defence. But Godfrey looks like he could be a great addition for us.

Overall I'm thrilled with the players we got in. We've got a very good box-to-box player who has Prem experience, and then Allan who has slotted straight in. In James we've got the best player I've ever seen in an Everton shirt, in terms of his technical ability on the ball.

If we go and get King then it could give us another option and while I'm not buzzing at the idea of it, it'd be decent. Though i'm yet to see any evidence we actually are in for him, it's just more a gut feeling.

9/10, Giving two attacking players away and not getting 1 in is a bit annoying but overall one of our best windows in a long time, Potential superstar in Nkounkou and James Rodriguez ffs.
Gone for 9 too. Had we not loaned Kean out it would have been a 10 but we've left ourselves short up top. If we address that by the 16th I'll change it to a 10

From where we were in early july to where we are now, remarkable.

Bit light up top, like Cenk's Barnet but hopefully Anthony Gordon will now get more game time.

Possibly the most impressive transformation has been the way Carlos seems to have restored confidence to Keane Mina and Seimi. amongst others. Even Delph looks good.

Two more Windows with Carlo, Brands, Mosh and Uzzi at the helm and we will be a Eurpean force.

9. I did not expect a Pickford replacement. Decent competition would have been nice, I am not sure this fella is that. It's a 10 if we get Josh King or Sarr in. Not pleased with Kean leaving and the window closing with nobody but Tosun and Simms behind DCL. If he loses form or gets injured it will be bad.

I am this levels of happy.

me1gROp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.