Rate the transfer window

How'd we do out of 10?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with the outs, needed more ins. Hoping JB and JT don't get injured or we will have to suffer calamity keggers again. Strange window but up front where we desperately needed reinforcements we have got. Fingers crossed injuries spare us losing any of our main guys as there's no depth at all.

I'm a bit miffed Cannon got sold, be interesting to watch his development compared to Chermiti though.

6 I'll give. GK wasn't addressed either and not confident with Virginia as back up, he gets benched every loan he goes on.

5 for me, needed more players in but the club clearly don't have the money to do that.

The ongoings are good, most of the current set of players aren't good enough and it's hard to see many that would be disappointed with the vast majority of them being shipped off elsewhere at some point, a couple more transfer windows of clearing out those earning way too much should hopefully put the club in a better position to compete again, just have to hope they have the ability to stay in this league while that happens.

I'd like to think the strategy is to get the club running to a better standard, a more sustainable one as well by rebuilding everything (something that should have happened years ago) but it's probably just the club scrambling to avoid collapse.

7 but reflecting a bit more maybe a 6. Points docked for ignoring the glaring gulf in quality between our first choice defenders and those on the bench. Inevitable injuries there and opposition teams will find scoring against us very easy.

Otherwise we've strengthened at the top of the pitch which was much needed and I think we have, contrary to opinion, plenty of creativity in forward areas. Both Onana and Garner are capable of picking a pass and Danjuma, Harrison and McNeil will provide Beto with plenty of chances, with both DCL and Chermitti as able(ish) deputies

The worry is that our best way out of trouble with the current squad might be to try and outscore opposition teams and I'm not sure Dyche has the tactical faculties for that

I think attacking wise we are much stronger .
Beto has to be better than maipay, Chamiti has to be better than simms and cannon.

Danjuma is better than gray and iwobi out wide.

Harrison means we can play two wide players that can deliver good crosses to a striker than isn’t 5”7.

The defence is weaker but branthwaite must be better than holgate , it’s just that Keane is closer than previously to the starting 11 which is obviously madness.

We have the same full backs as last year so we aren’t weaker there, don’t get me wrong they’re not good full backs but they are the same ones who I would hope would improve on last season as they’re more experienced.
We're likely stronger up front, but we don't actually know that yet, we'll see in a few weeks time. Our defence is undoubtedly weaker and we lost our reserve keeper without replacing them. Gana has gone backwards in central midfield and we're relying on two geriatrics at fullback. We have a thin squad and we're already seeing our usual injury issues. 3/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.