Rate the transfer window

How'd we do out of 10?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave it seven.

I think the signings o Harrison , Danjuma and Bero make us much stronger offensively.

Young is versatile and can cover several positions.

We have finally removed most of the expensive deadwood that was dragging the club down.

I would have liked a creative midfielder and I don't see the point in the Maupay loan at all but I think we are better now than at the end of last season. DCL is al fit which is a boost apart from the knock on his cheekbone

Got the centre forwards
Got the stop gaps
Got 14 players out the door
Got rid of hot plates

6/10.

If we can sell Gray + Gomes to other leagues with windows still open then my rating will increase.
I'm starting to worry. I think I just read agreed with the last dozen posts you wrote.

I'm going to be barred from the bomb shelter at this rate.

Strengthened up front, weakened the defence, midfield 50/50 Iwobi/ Davies / Gbamin (lol) gone, but Harrison, Danjuma in, so change my mind slightly stronger. But squad definitely shrinking each window in my view. Moshiri is definitely clawing his money back and needs to sell. Kenwrights acumen if it was used, or if he spent the window in various Hospitals is no longer needed, get shut Moshiri you coward.

6 overall.

Outgoings: 8 (could improve if Gomes and Gray go) - getting money for Iwobi saved us £25m & Gbammin cancelling his contract saved £4m. We got fees for 2 kids who the manager wasn’t going to play.

Incomings: 4 - half of the players we brought in are for one year only, we are short of a CB who the fans would have confidence in and a CM who can do such wild things as create and shoot. (A FB who could play both sides would be nice too) Think our wide forwards (albeit on loan) are stronger and obviously our forward line is not only stronger, but also pretty much consistent in how we will play.

If someone calculated our weekly squad wage last year vs this year (if/when Gomes and gray go) I think you’d be shocked how much more we were paying last year… for example Iwobi was paid more than danjuma and Beto combined.

No maximising our loans in is criminal.

Last edited:
CB and a CM short for me, having a reliance on keane, gana and doucoure in those positions isn't great. Would have liked to see gomes punted out but completely understand no club wanting the useless turd.

Ok, not great but not terrible.

We got a striker.... finally.

But I dont think anyone else in the top flight would have made the other 4 signings.

An injured player on loan- let's hope he's fit soon after the break

A very young forward who the manager isn't convinced is ready

A 38 year old full back

And a wide player who walked out on his after a medical less than 6 months earlier

Then we had 30m of sales yesterday without any reinvestment

And dont even start me on the handling of the Grsy situation or the decision to loan a player to a far better Brentford side.

Pretty much this.

This biggest problem is the options.

You just know someone has gone "oh we have 2 players for every position so we don't need anyone else". .

But the options are terrible especially in midfield and defence.

Is Branthwaite and Tarkowski the starting partnership going forward? If one of them gets injured who does Dyche go for? Our options are Godfrey who's in terrible form and Keane who is just terrible.

Midfield we're just not dynamic at all and no one who can carry the ball, everything is going to be going down the wings.

Love to see our wage bill, must be well into the bottom half of the league now. Again we made a profit, only bought Beto, £25.7m, Chermiti was £12m and £3.5m loan for Danjuma £41m.
Outgoings do we count Kean £28m, Gordon £45m, Iwobi £22m, Cannon £7m and Simms £6m. Only counted Kean and Gordon due to them not being replaced from the Winter window.

Hard one to call. We are in a rubbish position financially so probably did as much as we could. But all a bit meh. Solid 5.

Wait for next season when the out of contract players leave, the loan players return and the old players retire. We’ll need 8 new players not including replacing anyone deemed not good enough. All that on no money.

14 players out shows how badly we've been run , some huge wages gone . Players that were weighing the club down , it had to be done.

5 players in including much needed goal threat are a bonus.
Could have done with another 1/2 in tbh as its left us short in a few area's to cover injuries or suspensions.

Starr of the window if you told me we would get in Beto ,Danjuma ,Harrison & Chermiti while booting out Iwobi , Maupay & Gbamin I'd have bit your hand off.

Overall a 7 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.