Rate the transfer window

How'd we do out of 10?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with 7 but that all comes down to Beto. The first time in years I appreciated watching an Everton player, albeit for 45 minutes against a subpar opponent. If quality are lacking at least we may see him bulldoze Van Dijk to the moon

6. We shifted a few players that seemed unshiftable and signed Beto, who could make a massive difference to us. However the majority of the game against Doncaster showed just how poor our midfield is, and to not sign anybody after that, is disappointing to say the least.

A frustrated 6 because it felt like it could’ve been an 8 or 9 if yesterday had gone better. We weren’t far from a squad I’d feel genuinely confident wouldn’t go down.

Harrison / Danjuma / Beto for Iwobi / Simms / Cannon / Maupay is a big upgrade in attacking quality and hopefully end product. And given that was the whole problem there’s still grounds to be optimistic.

Only adding Young to the defence is pretty criminal though. Taking a huge unnecessary risk on the form and fitness of Tarkowski and Branthwaite when a loan or a Rob Holding could’ve helped a lot. Leaving the domestic loan on the table I do not understand.

So I dunno, we are better than last year, but a huge opportunity missed to be much better.

We got a striker.... finally.

But I dont think anyone else in the top flight would have made the other 4 signings.

An injured player on loan- let's hope he's fit soon after the break

A very young forward who the manager isn't convinced is ready

A 38 year old full back

And a wide player who walked out on his after a medical less than 6 months earlier

Then we had 30m of sales yesterday without any reinvestment

And dont even start me on the handling of the Gray situation or the decision to loan a player to a far better Brentford side.

Last edited:
I gave a 3, bas3d purely on us signing a striker who looks like he could be decent, in every other respect it has been a poor window

I'm not sure how any Everton fan could have had expectations for a great transfer window.
Every transfer is more about balancing the books rather than getting the very best players.

From a financial point of view, yesterday was very good for the club. We brought in about £30m from the sale of Iwobi & Cannon and took about £250k a week off the wage bill with Maupay and Gbamin out the door as well.

We got a much needed experienced striker plus a young back up striker that might come good.

Obviously we need better quality in midfield and defence but we just don't have the money.

I think this transfer window was about as good as could have been expected. A solid 7/10 for me.

Better than I thought we’d do, but still sub-par given the position we’re in.

Hard to say how much, if at all we’ve strengthened. CF position looks stronger, but we’re much weaker defensively and lost one of our biggest creative outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.