Rate our Summer signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane is doing better than my expectation.. had a feeling Pickford will brilliant. People are so up and down over Sandro.. give the guy a chance..

Klaassen also needs a chance but I expected him to hit the ground running and be our best signing almost.. think RK needs to sort it out and if any of those guys fail it might be down to how RK is setting them up.

...coincidentally, I was thinking about this earlier. I would factor in cost. Pickford, Keane and Klaassen are the big money signings (£25m+) and 2 of them already look like money well spent. As I said in the MoM thread, Pickford and Keane came at significant cost but look like significant improvement. On the fence regarding Klaassen but I think he'll be a useful acquisition if not a regular starter.

Sandro is fine considering £5m fee. He plays like the game matters (which is important to me) and could be useful once he settles in.

I still think Rooney's value is as much off the pitch as on it. I still like watching him play but it appears he's having a very positive impact on his teammates and also in raising the club's profile. I just hope the Manager hasn't backed himself in a corner and feels he has to play him every game. I think he's still a player.

Not sure what Martina adds to the team, even on a free. The games about judgement, I assume Martina is now ahead of Kenny in the pecking order but I think the youngster will change the managers mind given games.

Pickford - 9
Keane - 9
Martina - 3
Klassen - 1
Rooney - 10
Sandro - 9

Pickford - 9
Keane - 8
Klaassen - 5
Sandro - 8
Rooney - 2
Martina - 4

Pickford and Keane are the potential high points. Both should improve us greatly. We have needed a proper number one for years.

Sandro was a no brainer. £5m for a player who could prove to be the bargain of the summer. If not we will still make a profit. He looks like he will be a good player once he acclimatises.

Klaassen has never impressed me when I have seen him play. He links well but is not a dominant force. I hope he proves me wrong and adapts his game to the hustle and bustle of this league.

Rooney has looked finished for a couple of years now. No sentimentality from me. He needs a monumental turn around in his game. He looks a shadow of the player that broke through here as a teenager.

Martina could be an ok squad filler. I just hope it is not at the expense of a younger player making strides.

Hopefully more incoming soon.

they're not ratings on how they've played mate just what you think of them. I'm happy ive seen enough of Siggy over the years ! to get a feel for what he can do for us ! lol
And you think Sigurdsson, who has been one of THE BEST midfielders in the league, is only worthy of a 6?

Ok:confused:

I can't wait to see how these ratings have changed when we do this again in 3 months time. Let's hope that Rooney's won over some doubters by then, god knows we're going to need some goals and good performances from him in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.