2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how people decide that it is a fact that he was our best central defender, and then draw conclusions based on the fact that we let our best central defender go.

He wasn't on a huge salary, and we didn't sell him for a huge profit. If M&M thought he was one of our best players then he would not have been sold.

I like how people decide that it is a fact that he was our best central defender, and then draw conclusions based on the fact that we let our best central defender go.

He wasn't on a huge salary, and we didn't sell him for a huge profit. If M&M thought he was one of our best players then he would not have been sold.
To be fair there isn't a lot of competition but Jagielka was our best central defender, followed by the still learning Holgate. Williams ,what ever he was before, is totally shot.
As for Keane he is right up there among the worst central defenders I have ever witnessed playing for us.

Holgate gone?
Damn, Marcel really is keeping stuff quiet.

And before you say it....he is a senior...he plays in the first team.

If Holgate is our best defender then we are in deep trouble.

He is a player with potential still. For me there are still concerns about where he plays. Too big for a full back, too small for a centre back.

Our best centre back for me is still Jagielka which is ludicrous really.

If Holgate is our best defender then we are in deep trouble.

He is a player with potential still. For me there are still concerns about where he plays. Too big for a full back, too small for a centre back.

Our best centre back for me is still Jagielka which is ludicrous really.
Holgate is the same height as Jagielka.

No way, never. He rarely played. Jags for all his fault, is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.