2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.

interesting we punted him before the other 2, i assume this is simply because we had a decent offer for him and we need to shift players asap??
That, or he wanted to leave the club, whereas Williams and Keane are happy to stay on their lucrative contracts which they certainly will not get anywhere else.

I've said numerous times that I'd have been content with Jagielka and Mori staying - even in the short term - whereas the the other two I'd happily let go.

Devils Advocate : The source for the €9m fee is as reliable as the source for the €20m fee i.e. not reliable.

No point in being delighted with the €20m fee or angry with the €9m - it's all jarg speculation really when the clubs don't announce a figure.

interesting we punted him before the other 2, i assume this is simply because we had a decent offer for him and we need to shift players asap??
Are you saying that we are selling players we want to keep and keeping players we want to sell because we are not getting bids in.....that doesn't really make any sense.
I think very few will lament the sale of Funes Mori. An enthusiastic but limited and unreliable defender.

Are you saying that we are selling players we want to keep and keeping players we want to sell because we are not getting bids in.....that doesn't really make any sense.
I think very few will lament the sale of Funes Mori. An enthusiastic but limited and unreliable defender.
Tbh mate, I think bar Coleman and Holgate, the whole of our defence is probably available if the right bids come in.

Tbh mate, I think bar Coleman and Holgate, the whole of our defence is probably available if the right bids come in.
I am not sure we can let that happen.
I think Williams will leave, I think Jagielka and Baines will be kept as part of the squad for another twelve months and replaced then.
Seamus and Holgate are not for sale I would say and I have no idea about Keane. He seemed like a good signing but has disappointed but then he has played under two managers at Everton who have been left go by the club.. not the easiest environment to settle into a new club.

We have so many very young players we do need to keep experience around them , on the field and around the club, imo.

9m? Thats fine, again were going on about fee's we really need to get past all this fee talk, the Moyes skint era has gone, if we didnt rate him why would be expect more? Players not in our plans need to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.