Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First it was "wait till January with DCL then we can judge him"

Now it's "wait till his new full-backs are up to speed then we can judge him"

Expecting the next one to be "wait till we're back in the PL then we can judge him"

Wait until he has 18 of his own players for 15 games straight and then judge him.

(Pretty sure I've seen previously that he needs a full strength team for 15 games+ to be judged)

You have to love the massive shifting of the goalposts from the Benitez acolytes.

Instead of playing to their agendas, they need to objectively look at what has gone on with this manager and what he is doing on the pitch with this team.

Coleman can't even play at rb anymore, but he lashes him in at lb because he can't stand picking Digne, who had the temerity to question what the manager is doing?

The consistent selection of two in midfield when it's patently clear it doesn't work.

All the young kids who played well at Chelsea not getting a sniff but rondon is back to being his go to guy, after being an abject failure.

The shambolic set up in defence and on set pieces giving goals away left right and centre and the hoofball, negative, kitap1 crap that puts us on the back foot constantly meaning our team of shithouses have to react when they just don't have it in them.

It's all excuses for tapastits, and any blue shouldn't accept that, hand on heart.

We know they squad is crap but I'm not having that the manager couldn't and shouldn't be doing better, or that any other manager wouldnt have got more out of these players - Carlo the snake managed it?

First it was "wait till January with DCL then we can judge him"

Now it's "wait till his new full-backs are up to speed then we can judge him"

Expecting the next one to be "wait till we're back in the PL then we can judge him"

Firstly I'll start by saying I want him gone anyhow seeing we could have won that game with Godfrey or Digne playing left back with a four man defence, the fact he tried to be clever by being dumb as means he's burnt his bridges with me. However back to your point, just because we have DCL back doesn't fix everything and if you haven’t got Richarlison then it's pretty much as you were. Especially without the crossing of say Townsend in the team.

Benitez was and remains very unlucky with the team we have been able to put out over these past few months. That's not a stick we can use to beat him with, it's the driving out of decent players within the team. The I'm right, you're wrong attitude that led to putting out this line up against Brighton and the lack of substitutions to correct these glaring errors is.

Firstly I'll start by saying I want him gone anyhow seeing we could have won that game with Godfrey or Digne playing left back with a four man defence, the fact he tried to be clever by being dumb as means he's burnt his bridges with me. However back to your point, just because we have DCL back doesn't fix everything and if you haven’t got Richarlison then it's pretty much as you were. Especially without the crossing of say Townsend in the team.

Benitez was and remains very unlucky with the team we have been able to put out over these past few months. That's not a stick we can use to beat him with, it's the driving out of decent players within the team. The I'm right, you're wrong attitude that led to putting out this line up against Brighton and the lack of substitutions to correct these glaring errors is.

That's what should be scary to everyone as well

He clearly thinks every decision he's making is the right one and everybody else (be it the board, the players, the staff, the supporters) is wrong

There's zero chance of him learning from his mistakes because, in his mind, no mistakes have been made

He's the "this is fine" meme brought to life

That, more than anything else, is why he needs booting

No introspection

No desire to reach across the aisle

And no results to show for it

Live by the sword, die by the sword

That sword needs swinging, and fast

He clearly thinks every decision he's making is the right one and everybody else (be it the board, the players, the staff, the supporters) is wrong

There's zero chance of him learning from his mistakes because, in his mind, no mistakes have been made

No introspection

He sacrificed the Brighton game just to flex his fat over Digne.

The more he alienates the players the worse it will get and inevitably he will be sacked.

Classic from his post match interview “I do not tell the players not to keep possession of the ball”… remind anyone of Big Sam’s “I don’t tell the players not to pass to each other”.

These defensive managers never take any responsibility for their tactics or strategy. You spend every press conference telling folk the players aren’t good enough to be a possession team, you set the team up to sit in their own half and let the other team have the ball….guess what, when your team turn out to have none of the ball, can’t pass five yards - that’s on you!

Just unbelievable that this is the vision the board have bought into to rebuild the club. A terrible short term, panic decision with no long term thought behind it. Every single fan should be holding the board to account for this appointment and the latest in scattergun decisions.

Hiding on to nothing form wise he should of already walked we aren’t that bad. Seriously needs to hope his new signings hit the ground running and the form stabilises as it doesn’t want to get more toxic then it is already

No introspection

Something has to be on the players though.
I was shocked when no changes were made at half time but to my surprise they were much better.
It must be frustrating for him as well to see the players just throw away the 1st half of matches. It's not the first time as well. Not sure if this is something you can coach if they can do it half the time.
Confidence is everything for these players especially when they have none at the moment.
Not sure what the answer is at the moment as Benitez seems safe for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.