2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has to be on the players though.
I was shocked when no changes were made at half time but to my surprise they were much better.
It must be frustrating for him as well to see the players just throw away the 1st half of matches. It's not the first time as well. Not sure if this is something you can coach if they can do it half the time.
Confidence is everything for these players especially when they have none at the moment.
Not sure what the answer is at the moment as Benitez seems safe for now.
Riddle me this....

If the players "throw" the first half it's because of the players.
If the players "rescue" the second half it's because of the the manager.

How does that work? (Seems this is gonna become my go-to line :p )

If he is so great at motivating the players at half time, why the heck can't he do the motivation before the game?
I haven't been able to see the games live for last few weeks, so can't really comment, those in the stadium could clarify possibly as to whether the players are just giving up on the grand strategies of "The-genius-that-sits-in-the-dugout-chuffed-at-himself" or is it something different?

Edit: I know, I said I am going to wait till the FA cup game before starting to vent at Benitez, but as I mentioned in a previous post, the control is slipping now.
Apologies for the slip-up. :(
And no, I am not going to delete the post, So there!!! :)

Riddle me this....

If the players "throw" the first half it's because of the players.
If the players "rescue" the second half it's because of the the manager.

How does that work? (Seems this is gonna become my go-to line :p )

If he is so great at motivating the players at half time, why the heck can't he do the motivation before the game?
I haven't been able to see the games live for last few weeks, so can't really comment, those in the stadium could clarify possibly as to whether the players are just giving up on the grand strategies of "The-genius-that-sits-in-the-dugout-chuffed-at-himself" or is it something different?

Edit: I know, I said I am going to wait till the FA cup game before starting to vent at Benitez, but as I mentioned in a previous post, the control is slipping now.
Apologies for the slip-up. :(
And no, I am not going to delete the post, So there!!! :)
No.

If the players throw the 1st half it's because of the players.
If the players rescue the 2nd half it's because of the players.

They've been given their training and tactics all week before the game.

Is it guilt at being so bad that makes them better?
Is it pride that makes them better?

There's not a lot Benitez can do if he doesn't change anything apart from reminding them of the pre game plan.

How can he survive more losses? How many managers survive records like one win in fourteen or fifteen?
One who hasn't been backed financially by the owner and will get the time to do so before any major decisions are made.

I thought we all knew this...given that was Moshiri's own take on it before Christmas?

We are safe/ We aren't going down. The owner isn't panicking.

Just enjoy the upturn that will inevitably come once new players are bedded in and injured players are back up to full speed.

One who hasn't been backed financially by the owner and will get the time to do so before any major decisions are made.

I thought we all knew this...given that was Moshiri's own take on it before Christmas?

We are safe/ We aren't going down. The owner isn't panicking.

Just enjoy the upturn that will inevitably come once new players are bedded in and injured players are back up to full speed.
I hope you are right I see no evidence though. And we don't have many injuries now only Richy and Mina of genuine first teachers. Whether he has been backed or not results matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.