2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty much at the end of the line when it comes to blaming Benitez.

Instead, im now going to focus on the players.

It wont matter which manager comes in, the likes of Coleman, Kenny, Holgate, Keane shouldnt be near the starting eleven or the squad.

Not sure what is going on with Mina either, hopefully its a double sale with Digne and we can bring in a centre back and a defensive midfielder.

As for other midfielders, Gomes, Delph, Davies can all leave as well.

Time to look at the players rather than solely Benitez.

Theres a few of them with no pride who dont deserve to be paid.

I'll admit that I was one who was willing to give Benitez the benefit of the doubt and I don't think the injuries we've suffered have helped him.

That said...

...I do think he's done poorly with what he does have. Freezing out Digne to make a point hasn't helped. Bringng someone like Gomes on against BHA in minute 86 when it was clear our two central midfielders were struggling on the day. He just hasn't helped himself. I just think the league has passed him by and he's still managing as if it was 10+ years ago.

I won't get into the issues about all the money we've wasted, the players we haven't replaced when they needed replacing, etc...

On a side note, a couple of friends of mine who support Forest & Palace don't think we'll go down as they believe there are at least three worse teams than us. I didn't argue that point but I argued that I don't think we'd beat those teams right now.

It wont matter which manager comes in, the likes of Coleman, Kenny, Holgate, Keane shouldnt be near the starting eleven or the squad.

Not sure what is going on with Mina either, hopefully its a double sale with Digne and we can bring in a centre back and a defensive midfielder.

This is probably how we should have been looking at the problem for several games now. It's possible to have a manager who is floundering and players who are not up to standard at the same time. If the defenders are rubbish and we set the midfield up to fail, we are going to leak goals. If we use poor attackers when better alternatives exist, we will struggle to score.

I was just going to like this, but I cannot leave it there.

Succinctly summarized,

Add Tosun Iwobi and Rondon to that lot, get rid of all of them...all useless...

Amazing how much rubbish we have bought...

This is probably how we should have been looking at the problem for several games now. It's possible to have a manager who is floundering and players who are not up to standard at the same time. If the defenders are rubbish and we set the midfield up to fail, we are going to leak goals. If we use poor attackers when better alternatives exist, we will struggle to score.

Then what's the point in hiring Benitez anyway if the players can't play how he wants them to? He's not helping them.

He's took a competent side from last season that just needed additional quality to improve and challenge for European spots....to a relegation struggling/bottom half of the table mess.

Big Dunc would've done the same or better. Would've saved on wages and waited/scouted for a genuinely better manager (Mancini?). Or if it was a complete overhaul...get Potter in.

It's just ridiculous.

So how many games does "now or never" mean for you?

For me, I am waiting for the FA Cup game. If things improve miraculously (as in we keep a clean sheet and win convincingly like3-0 or so), I would say we have been blessed by a deity in heaven and keep my mouth shut, if I have even a single WTF moment in the game (if I watch/follow, or else while reading the after-match report), I am breaking my promise of silence.
I guess if we put out a sensible team and put in a good performance then I will think about things. If we put another team out that surrenders possession and spend the whole game defending / clinging on for dear life then I’m done. We should dominate Hull.

I can give time if I see a team that looks like they are trying hard. If not, then I’m done. As I said I accepted that things were difficult with injuries, but DCL is back and Gordon has shown he is the real deal. The team should comfortably beat Hull.

You spend your days chasing @ForeverBlue92 & @davek around the forum making a fool of yourself with name calling yet call others loathsome lol

You're a parody account at this point im afraid Thomas.
Look at how many people have liked this post of yours and any other subsequent post you make.

You have absolutely zero self awareness do you?
You and the other buffoon are a stain on the forum and a stain on Evertonians.

I could keep on shouting into this empty vessel but it is pointless. So If it makes you happy then crack on, they do say ignorance is bliss.

As I wrote earlier, you know nothing about the Donachie situation, yet you have also called him “Dr Death” which just goes to prove what an attention seeking child you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.