2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not just blaming the figurehead. Benitez isn't the only problem. A fair few of the players, most of them, aren't good enough, we know that.

But they shouldn't be this bad.

The other issues at the club, well 3 of them have been removed now. DBB is on her way. Kenwright is to blame for a lot but he doesn't pick the team. The only other issue is Moshiri, who is the one who picked Benitez and is backing him to the hilt...

So it's like a vicious cycle because if you look to absolve anyone of blame then the channels of blame just loop around to them anyway. But as far as on-field performances go, Benitez is in charge of that and the run is 2 wins in 13 games, only one or two teams have a worst defence than us in the league.... it's grim

That's the point.

They should be this bad..not one bit

If we brought Eddie Howe in the summer we'd be in the exact same scenario with you all calling him 'out of his depth' instead of a 'dinosaur', because you all have ridiculously inflated expectations of a terrible squad.

You all deserve what will eventually happen, and I just pray Moshiri doesn't listen to you all.
The chances of Moshiri listening to anyone, never mind anyone with a brain, is as delusional as thinking Rafael Benitez would work at Everton.

He has money but he's as big a liability for us than the wonder years under Kenwright. Be careful what you wish for on both sides, I suppose.

Had this view.

Issue is mate, Benitez isn't the man to improve this squad.

He was the fall guy. The interim job.

Moshiri has give the fella who mentally retired when he went to China the full gig - he's got full control and it's going to send us backwards.

You said you feared relegation before Arsenal.

This team was closer to the title than relegation last season.

The squad is all but the same, we're only missing a few now and injuries are part of the game.

Sure, we're bad.

But Benitez - backed by Moshiri, is going to send us the wrong way.

Do us a favour Dan and ban us.

Last season we were mediocre. We are now worse than mediocre despite the squad getting stronger (if you believe the James haters, anyway).

We've conceded 28 goals so far

The same squad conceded 19 at the same point last season.

It's 100% Benitez and how he's set them up. They're limited bunch of players (good and bad) yet he wants some strange compact/counter attacking side with no attacking fullbacks. He hasn't a clue.

And we're expecting to give him full reign??

TBF I'd think we would do well with a compact counter attacking side - we've got the players for it even with DCL out. What he is doing is trying to lump it up to the big man, ie: late 90s / early 2000s tactics that didn't really work even then.

Look it at it from my view. Immediately after the Arsenal result I came on here and STILL said I expected us to lose to Palace, but I know, deep down, wholeheartedly, that the solution is consistency. It's so easy to blame the highly visible figurehead but Jesus H Christ the alternative is more patchword quilt squad building with ANOTHER temporary manager in charge.

Just write off the season! Do what I did in September and understand we have absolutely NOTHING as a squad! Why is that so hard???
Every club that has a new manager(less time than Benitez) are playing better football than us. Norwich DO NOT have a better squad than us, yet they are playing better. Aston Villa DO NOT have a better squad than us yet they are playing better. Watford DO NOT have a better squad than us yet they are playing better. Newcastle are the exception and will likely go down this year but do you not find it a little disconcerting that those other 2 relegation spots are very much 'up for grabs' and we are in relegation form? Writing off the season might mean going down, and not the usual missed out on Europe write off. I am worried now and have little faith in Benitez to sort it

I'd be prepared to give Benitez a proper chance but the worry is he's past it. Everywhere he's been he's fallen out with everyone but he's been successful in the past with that combustible approach. He hasn't really done anything of note since he left Liverpool.

Benitez wont be sacked, until its turns in to bottom 3 fight. The owners can screw on it for this bizarre appointment. Everton will end up in bottom 3 the longer this joker is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.