2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you aren't criticising the squad there. Your view matters not one jot so you need to be backing them. :hayee:

But really, he hasn't changed tactics regardless of who we are playing. He is meant to be known for his defensive nous and we are conceding left right and centre. Grind a couple of results out defensively, then start to adapt it. If he has got some results, he has got himself some leeway to start becoming more expansive. It doesn't need to go from a defensive set up, directly to an expansive set up. There is middle ground.

He should be able to have us beating newcastle.or Burnley without playing defensive, so why would results tumble if he has ground out a few results and he then starts to tinker with it?

The issue is, we have no discernable style of play. We aren't defensive or expansive currently. Even when we had a full squad, for large portions of games we didn't look like there was a solid plan.
Benitez has managed to simultaneously make us incredibly boring to watch and defensively frail, quite the achievement from the "master tactition".

wouldn't say we are owed Success

but, thousands of people pay good money to watch Everton every week, we are owed, at least, effort , determination and a well run club
Absolutely but that goes for every side in the Prem and Championship. I don’t know how people manage to watch this dross mind pay to watch it. Yeah a little bit of fight and determination isn’t much to ask for.

Absolutely but that goes for every side in the Prem and Championship. I don’t know how people manage to watch this dross mind pay to watch it. Yeah a little bit of fight and determination isn’t much to ask for.
It does indeed go for every club more or less. And the fans of other clubs are entitled to make their feelings known too. I supposed we’re all used to watching dross in the main this past 30 years or so but the fact we’ve spent a shed load of money to remain dross does stick in the craw somewhat! lol

Although he picked him you can’t blame Rafael for Coleman's FU against the RS when we looked like gaining Some momentum in the game.
What about for playing 2 cms and being fortunate to only be 2 down rather than 4/5 goals.down before we scored. Then at 3:1 for bringing another midfielder on in delph for an attacking player and trying to see out a 3:1 loss?

What about the rest of the games since mid September as well?

I get the whole 27mins thing but in all honesty why are we owed any success? Because we had a boss mid 80's? This squad is mid table tosh at best.
Nobody feels we're owed succes, but many of us believe that we've blown our chance over the last 5 years to be in the hunt for a trophy. A lot of money was invested in an amateurish, ridiculous fashion. Most fans want new people and a structure in place that gives us every opportunity of succeeding.

Better recruitment should be top of the list. New and better coaches for our youth set up and academy who can emulate the coaching at the top top clubs. Try and copy the coaching structures and methods of the top European and Premier league clubs. Is that too much to ask for?

What about for playing 2 cms and being fortunate to only be 2 down rather than 4/5 goals.down before we scored. Then at 3:1 for finally bringing on delph for an attacking player and trying to see out a 3:1 loss?

What about the rest of the games since mid September as well?
I hate that Benitez is here mate, never wanted him but individual mistakes and injuries are not to be ignored either. His tactics are ancient IMO and needs to be booted to the moon with some of this squad but lets face it he ain’t going anywhere right now.

Nobody feels we're owed succes, but many of us believe that we've blown our chance over the last 5 years to be in the hunt for a trophy. A lot of money was invested in an amateurish, ridiculous fashion. Most fans want new people and a structure in place that gives us every opportunity of succeeding.

Better recruitment should be top of the list. New and better coaches for our youth set up and academy who can emulate the coaching at the top top clubs. Try and copy the coaching structures and methods of the top European and Premier league clubs. Is that too much to ask for?
I agree with all of that mate, unfortunately a cup win only brings crappy European football, The FA cup is so devalued now it's hardly worth winning the thing. The Top 4 is where it's at financially and where the prestige is. We are years from getting there. Winning an FA Cup or League Cup won’t do much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.