2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m now of the belief that he should stay.
As the only victory I will see personally is when I can say to those collaborators on here. ‘Told you so’ when he gets us relegated.

(That is of course written in irony)
He wont relegate us, there is a good chance of him getting our lowest points.

it's based upon the fact he's a top manager, as his record indicates. Which tells me that once we get Mina and DCL back we will be fine. What we absolutely must not do is listen to people who were screaming for his head when we were top 4. They should not be listened to under any circumstances. they have no objectivity, they are just mindless loons that will plunge the club into disaster by insisting upon a change when we all know how risky that would be.
nearly spat my coffee out!

Maybe, in the past but not in recent terms at all

Because every time we sack a manager this run we're on of hiring and sacking managers just gets more and more embarrassing.

Because there's no one available who I can confidently predict will do a better job.

Because there are some reasons that could explain his poor performance (he's not without blame obviously).

Because it would be expensive to sack him and hire a load of new staff and we're up crap creek without a paddle with FFP already.

There are actually lots of reasons not to sack him to be fair.

How can it get more embarassing than appointing Benitez?

Literally only appointing Gerrard would be more embarassing.

The cost of a relegation is enormous compared to paying off a manager.

Tactics have been poor. Look at last night and how open we were. Even Martinez clocked onto a different style against them at Goodison being needed.

In terms of building clubs, he stabilised Newcastle and that's all he's done since he left Liverpool.

Stabilised Newcastle. Kept Dalian in the Chinese Premier League 2 seasons in a row and offered him an ambassador role with a permanent position of overseeing their academy. Built Napolis best side for 2 decades which they reaped the rewards from for around 5 years, to the point that this summer they wanted Rafael in as DOF.

Nothing is as embarrassing (relatively, as much as supporting a team can be anyway) as what we are going through now. Our rivals singing our managers name after humping us at home is a massive low.

It could get worse of course...

I dunno, that honestly didn't bother me because it was the most predictable thing to happen, we knew that would happen at some point the moment he was hired. And I also realise he's far from the biggest problem at the club.

Stabilised Newcastle. Kept Dalian in the Chinese Premier League 2 seasons in a row and offered him an ambassador role with a permanent position of overseeing their academy. Built Napolis best side for 2 decades which they reaped the rewards from for around 5 years, to the point that this summer they wanted Rafael in as DOF.
Kept Dalian in the Chinese Premier League 2 seasons in a row ffs. Thats alright then.

How can it get more embarassing than appointing Benitez?

Literally only appointing Gerrard would be more embarassing.

The cost of a relegation is enormous compared to paying off a manager.

No reason to believe any other manager would give us a better chance of staying up than Benitez. Anyway we won't go down.

Because every time we sack a manager this run we're on of hiring and sacking managers just gets more and more embarrassing.

Because there's no one available who I can confidently predict will do a better job.

Because there are some reasons that could explain his poor performance (he's not without blame obviously).

Because it would be expensive to sack him and hire a load of new staff and we're up crap creek without a paddle with FFP already.

There are actually lots of reasons not to sack him to be fair.
Nothing would be more embarrassing or devastating than relegation.

look outside the box, like we did with Dave Moyes

What exactly are these reasons(Waits for injuries and 1.7 million excuses again)

Maybe but as i said the other day hopefully we have clauses in this contract otherwise Mosh has learnt Jack All

I'm pretty sure getting relegated then getting promoted with Newcastle is the definition of unstable.

nearly spat my coffee out!

Maybe, in the past but not in recent terms at all
I keep hearing this, What's he done in the last few years stuff. What would you expect him to do in three years with a team that he takes over in the relegation zone at match 29, win the CL? What he did there can be judged by what the fans there think of him. Again, with China, what did you want him to do there, win the FA cup? He went there for £20m quid, not to win the Chinese Cup.

Who's disputing that?

Are the reasons down to the manager? Some. Most? No.

There is no rational point of getting shut of Benitez other than to satisfy the wishes of his detractors who never gave him a chance. The owner knows that and has responded with that in mind. Let's see how long he maintains that stance, but Benitez is defo here for the near future.

He’s crap Dave, and he’s a Kopite

has to go

Status
Not open for further replies.