2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying he's doing it on purpose for a payout need to get a grip on reality. He's useless and that's it. Just be thankful he brought in Gray and Townsend, I'd absolutely dread to think where we'd be by now had he not brought those players to the club. because we all know Brands hasn't got a clue.

Dave, lets be honest, this is relegation stuff
Who's disputing that?

Are the reasons down to the manager? Some. Most? No.

There is no rational point of getting shut of Benitez other than to satisfy the wishes of his detractors who never gave him a chance. The owner knows that and has responded with that in mind. Let's see how long he maintains that stance, but Benitez is defo here for the near future.

I’m really beginning to believe that he wants to be paid off. I can’t believe he is stupid enough to think that his tactics, or substitutions could possibly work last night. Looks like a man who would like his employers to sack him.
He defo had a had a look of resignation about in interview last night, similar body language to Carlo at end of last season, sort of mix of miffed and sod it i cant fix this!

Be good if he went of his volition like Carlo but he wont, he will want the pay off before heading back to the home for spent managers

You mean that liverpool team that was on its worst home run in about 50 years in a stadium with no fans.... that game.?
yea, that's the one. They were still league champs and finished 3rd.
Look at how that Everton team lined out. 3 at the back, 2 wing backs making a back 5 when needed, 3 in midfield with James floating in front of them and Richie up front.
There's no way Ancelotti would have put 2 midfielders (one still getting match fit) up against their 3.
I'm not saying Ancelotti was flawless, he clearly couldn't set his team up to play on the front foot at home. But watching that team, I wasn't really sure how to fix the issues.
With this guy I can see the issues with the way he sets up and the subs he makes a mile off, and if someone like me can see it, we've no hope.
He's built a team to play 4-4-1-1, use the wide men to hit the striker. Once teams figure that out, go long and hope the striker can hold it up and get others involved. Both easy strategies to nullify.

Then look at the Wolves game. Look at Allan and Keane shouting at each other because there was too much space between the midfielder and the defenders. Wolves used that to pick us apart and the game was done before Rafael addressed it.

Look at last night. It was clear he should have started Delph and switched him for an attacking player (Townsend) if needed. Instead he did it in reverse WTF??
we're two down, lets bring on a holding midfielder for a winger.

He subbed Gordon off against Watford citing that he couldn't play 90 but funnily he was well able to the following game. He was showing no signs of tiring and on trots Iwobi and we concede 4 in 15 minutes. Poor subs caused that.

Look at city, sure, you're probably not going to get anything from that but to have their fans say we are the worst team to play there in ages was embarrassing. On top of that, players like Digne came out and said that Benitez was telling him to stay back more. Christ, his best asset is getting the ball in the box. Use Delph or Godfrey to fill the gap if he's too far forward.

Rondon did well last night but I cant imagine the harm that persisting with a striker who has 0 goals in 10 does in the dressing room or to the morale of younger players trying to make the step up. Why put Begovic and Lonergan on the bench when you could give another academy player (even a keeper) one of those spots for the experience.

He has improved none of the existing players. Last season Ancelotti was getting a tune out of the likes of Davies and Gomes at times. None of the squad Rafael inherited have improved. Holgate is a confidence player and can play right back. He's had a rough time of it but no one is getting a sniff ahead of Seamus. He's destroying Colemans legacy before our eyes.

I know that that liverpool side are a different class but we shouldn't have been steamrolled. Our starting XI was made up of 9 internationals from places like France, England and Brazil. The only two uncapped players are possibly our best two players of the season. There's no injury crisis. He didn't pick Mina every game when he was fit, same with Davies. So DCL is the only certain starter missing. Our dependence on him is another strike against Rafael. You'd swear he was Gary bloody Lineker

so yea, lets stop the rot, quickly.

I think you need to go and look what the owner and decision maker at this club has just said.

Get real and get behind the team.

I told you those who thought Benitez was gone after the derby they were living in a fools paradise - and so it's proven to be.

I’m sure Moshiri will be more than happy with the crescendo of anger that’s starting to gain momentum amongst the match going fans, as well as amongst the Blue Geordies on here.

Banners, people walking out, the booing off of the team, the abuse the directors are getting, leading to them having to place security in box with them, just to feel safe.

The focus on the club for the wrong reasons, the criticism that’s starting to creep in from the media, of the whole club from top to bottom. Players obviously leaking to stuff to the press, about being unhappy with what’s going on tactically.

Benitez is the catalyst for all of this.

Get your head out of his arse.

The owner has spoken.

The manager gets the season.
in all honesty Dave, could he honestly come out and say he is under enormous pressure to perform? he cant, the players as bad as they are already look lost, it would totally undermine whatever season we have left.

I may be wrong but he has 2 games tops now, I'm surprised he is still here today but yeah what do I know.

You can’t believe a word Moshiri says. He backed Koeman and Silva too just before firing them.
That's true.

But this feels different.

The board and the manager feel aligned on this. An attack allowed to succeed on one of them is injurious to them all...especially the owner.

Prepare for some bloody mindedness.

This either picks up soon or has the potential of blowing the club apart: stadium plans included.

Absolutely fuming with Moshiri, the guy is a joke. How can he watch the last games (if he has) and think this Absolute dinosaur is still the manager to keep. The club is in dire straits. 1 win in 10 should result in the manager being sacked.
His only interest in football is to make money. There’s no way he actually watches the game for the love of the sport. Hence why he thought Rafael Benitez is a good football manager in 2021.

I’m sure Moshiri will be more than happy with the crescendo of anger that’s starting to gain momentum amongst the match going fans, as well as amongst the Blue Geordies on here.

Banners, people walking out, the booing off of the team, the abuse the directors are getting, leading to them having to place security in box with them, just to feel safe.

The focus on the club for the wrong reasons, the criticism that’s starting to creep in from the media, of the whole club from top to bottom. Players obviously leaking to stuff to the press, about being unhappy with what’s going on tactically.

Benitez is the catalyst for all of this.

Get your head out of his arse.
Your insults underline you've lost the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.