2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez got plenty of time and the team got worse the more he evolved it away from the Moyes era
Koeman was hopeless and destroyed the squad in one summer.
Unsworth was a caretaker
Silva wasn't great either - nice guy but lacking tactically
Duncan was a caretaker
Allardyce was an interim
Ancelotti walked to take the RM job

I'm absolutely not going to defend this useless squad of footballers, but did they really see off all these managers? Is it not the case that the managers, except from Ancelotti, are simply average managers at best?

My opinion is that everyone is to blame. The players are not good enough and lack fight and hunger. The managers have been poor appointments by and large and the only good one ditched us. The blame lies across the board, and the managers have been sacked for failure. Unfortunately you can't just sack 10 players in a summer after a failed season.
I definitely agree on your last paragraph. Re the managers, I'm not going to look into details now on stats and everything. But Martinez, Koeman, Silva all had positive starts followed by an alarming slide. And with all those managers there was plenty of talk of players downing tools. Whether that's really true I guess we don't really know. Even under Carlo we went on a pretty bad slide at the end of last season where he was basically throwing the players under the bus.

Say Rafael goes and Dunc comes in, I would spend a bit just to bolster the squad up, but Dunc I’m sure would get some of these players working harder. The way things look I’m not sure they are really training anywhere bear enough. They are just embarrassing every manager, I can’t see Dunc taking that from them.
Dunc might give us the Everton vibes back at least, a bit of pride, like Ole did for Utd, underqualified and win nothing but feel good about our club again. I could do with a bit of that tbh

Not saying he would have done what he's done at Chelsea with their available squad, but there is no way he would've failed. I'm beginning to think we got lucky with Moyes, won nothing but had a great identity and I for one was entertained. All I want is to be entertained, which I'm not, not at all!
We have looked disjointed since moyes left, your right it’s dire football we are being served up.

If Rbs press thing i anything to go by the players got into their £30k sponsored landrovers after the match, bimbled home to Formby to their million pound houses, counted their fat pay packets thinking
" well the boss said we were very committed, tried hard and if it wasnt for a silly mistake or two, we could have drawn"
" so its not my fault we're crap, its just a bad time , But the boss says we will win soon if we carry on like this"

" hope we do " steward chase the ketwig " tomorrow at training, that looks like a right laugh"

Do wonder though if we need to stick it out - sacking manager after manager hasn't worked.

This squad is rotten.

They delivered the same form under Ancelotti for the last 13 of last season, as Benitez for the first 13 of this. Both title winning, champions league winning managers.

That's why to me it suggests the identity, the core of this team are wrong'uns.

Benitez spoke about the board knowing the problem. Ancelotti and Coleman spoke of attitude problems.

Brands brought most of these in - he's failed to do a sense check on character IMO.

When we finished 17th with Moyes, we stuck with him. That worked out alright.

The issue is that the fans hate Benitez and it’s creating an even more toxic environment. So while the state of the squad may not be his fault, him being here is just adding another problem.

That is it, I always go back to Moyes when we are in a position like this, Moyes could fix things when they were broken, to be fair big Sam could ( but with dire football) Carlos was on a downward spiral and was sensible to get out before it go that bad. Dunc till summer then reevaluate then.

see as a club we haven’t a clue i f kin hate them they love us to be embarrassed

the only one at the entire club with passion is duncan. we deserve more we deserve answers - i hope they’res banners/protests before it gets to late

The issue is that the fans hate Benitez and it’s creating an even more toxic environment. So while the state of the squad may not be his fault, him being here is just adding another problem.
He needed to be top 6 at this point to have any chance, if we were there he couldn’t be complained about to much. But where we are on a terrible run with dire football, it looks to be beyond repair.

I definitely agree on your last paragraph. Re the managers, I'm not going to look into details now on stats and everything. But Martinez, Koeman, Silva all had positive starts followed by an alarming slide. And with all those managers there was plenty of talk of players downing tools. Whether that's really true I guess we don't really know. Even under Carlo we went on a pretty bad slide at the end of last season where he was basically throwing the players under the bus.
Martinez inherited a very solid team and they got worse the more he added his players and ideas. I'd say he deserved to go after 3 years.

Koeman had Lukaku and that covered over a lot of the cracks. His recruitment was totally bonkers and once he lost Lukaku, he was embarassingly inept.

Silva I was a fan of for a long time. Arguably he deserved slightly longer in charge, but his rigid system of 4231 was not working. He should have been more flexible. Nice guy, but the job was probably too big.

I don't think any of these managers were that good. Martinez had some good times, Silva was clearly buying into the club and giving everything, but it didn't work. I just think Koeman did a pretty shambolic job. The worst of any manager we've had this century by far.

Well done Benitez you kopite scumbag. I'd say you were delighted with last nights result. 4 wins from 14 league games, and 2 points out of a possible 24, from our fixtures over the past 2 months. The show is over. There's no comeback from this. I expect him to be gone by lunchtime.

If not then the longer he's here, the more noise we continue to make until the kopite scumbag leaves. Before some effing pro Benitez cheerleading scumbag, pipes up with we're not kopites/ we're not geordies. Too bloody right we ain't kopites and geordies. We're Evertonians and real Everton fans, want this piece of kopite excrement out of this club NOW!

This is it in a nutshell

Things don't even begin to improve until he is replaced. How can anyone succeed in this hopeless and demoralising situation. How can a club improve where there is no hope or optimism.

Well done Benitez you kopite scumbag. I'd say you were delighted with last nights result. 4 wins from 14 league games, and 2 points out of a possible 24, from our fixtures over the past 2 months. The show is over. There's no comeback from this. I expect him to be gone by lunchtime.

If not then the longer he's here, the more noise we continue to make until the kopite scumbag leaves. Before some effing pro Benitez cheerleading scumbag, pipes up with we're not kopites/ we're not geordies. Too bloody right we ain't kopites and geordies. We're Evertonians and real Everton fans want this piece of kopite excrement out of this club NOW!
If I could like this post a thousand times I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.