2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the midfield was the main issue last night, I think we just came up against a much better side and defensively had too many lapses

Honestly at 1-2 we still had a chance but a terrible set piece led to 1-3 and it was game over

Claw it back to 2-2 and who knows

Set piece work needs to be better, both attacking and defensively

Sacking off zonal marking would help
You’re right about being in it at 1-2, but the midfield was obviously getting overran for me.

Being honest we could have been 3 goals down by the time we pulled one back, and that was down to them having the run of the middle for me.

I don't think the midfield was the main issue last night, I think we just came up against a much better side and defensively had too many lapses

Honestly at 1-2 we still had a chance but a terrible set piece led to 1-3 and it was game over

Claw it back to 2-2 and who knows

Set piece work needs to be better, both attacking and defensively

Sacking off zonal marking would help

We weren't marking zonally last night. We haven't been for a few weeks

Not sure we can get a result. Under previous managers when it came to these crunch games the fans were behind the team until they completely folded and got their manager fired. The sort of atmospheres we saw for Ferguson against Chelsea or the derby v Liverpool with the sirens won’t be there against Arsenal. The fans want him out. Even if the players start well there’ll be nothing to feed off. It will only end one way.
Get a goal up against Arsenal and watch things change.

It's no good saying the crowd are gone. They are fans and they react to events on the pitch.

Ilve seen managers come off the ropes loads of times like this...and it's apparent that Moshiri isn't in any mood just yet to sack Benitez. He knows he failed him and owes him. If we get a decent result of any description against Arsenal we roll on to Palace with Benitez. No question about that.

The fans want to enjoy watching the team play. That's not too much to ask.

No one enjoys sacking managers. But when you appoint a kopite who is well past their best, then this is the natural reaction.

Yes we do. No manager will get time with us now. There’s not a single profile of manager who could ride out a bad run. When Martinez had his in the second season we were a far more patient fan base. He even started with a few draws and the fans were still onside.

That wouldn’t be the case now, the only thing Moshiri has ever been right about is if a manager loses three games in a row with us we want him out. Everyone accepts there’s a turnaround job to do, but no one wants it to get worse before it gets better. So it’s quick fix after quick fix, step forward step back, manager fired, manager in, manager fired again.

Is Rondon out?

If so I'd probably have Richarlison as the striker and give Gordon a start

Not perfect but it's round pegs in square holes until DCL comes back

Who knew a "pudding" would be so important to the way we play eh?
I wouldn't play Gordon ,
He has plenty of effort no end product.
They way its going we need to be at least getting a point, would put Delph in there and try and get a grip off the midfield and play on the break , with Richarlison and Gray.
But expect the manager to just do the same as normal again, same system same result more than likely.
Personally I would move Godfrey into Colemans position and bring either Holgate back or give Braithwaite at go as well.
Not expecting that to happen as currently Rafael looks like a modern day Mike Walker and only has one way of playing and can't get adjust while it's not working

your just in denial like you was work RM

he’s the worst manager we’ve had under the game time, he’s not turning it around tomorrow or the day after it’s a matter of not if but when we do seee yaaaa kopite
That's pitiful.

Is that the level you're at?

Get a goal up against Arsenal and watch things change.

It's no good saying the crowd are gone. They are fans and they react to events on the pitch.

Ilve seen managers come off the ropes loads of times like this...and it's apparent that Moshiri isn't in any mood just yet to sack Benitez. He knows he failed him and owes him. If we get a decent result of any description against Arsenal we roll on to Palace with Benitez. No question about that.

That turnaround in the crowd won’t happen without work from Benitez though. Look at the impact that finding out Rondon was starting again had last night.

Until he indicates a willingness to accept blame himself and change what he is doing, we are relying on luck.

The cowards on the playing staff.

Martinez got plenty of time and the team got worse the more he evolved it away from the Moyes era
Koeman was hopeless and destroyed the squad in one summer.
Unsworth was a caretaker
Silva wasn't great either - nice guy but lacking tactically
Duncan was a caretaker
Allardyce was an interim
Ancelotti walked to take the RM job

I'm absolutely not going to defend this useless squad of footballers, but did they really see off all these managers? Is it not the case that the managers, except from Ancelotti, are simply average managers at best?

My opinion is that everyone is to blame. The players are not good enough and lack fight and hunger. The managers have been poor appointments by and large and the only good one ditched us. The blame lies across the board, and the managers have been sacked for failure. Unfortunately you can't just sack 10 players in a summer after a failed season.

Have to be an absolute idiot to think our midfield 2 was going to work against their 3

Hasn’t worked for weeks

Why didn’t he bring Delph on at the break to shore it up a bit while we were still in the game? Just baffling
We looked worse when he brought delph on n had 3 in the middle

That turnaround in the crowd won’t happen without work from Benitez though. Look at the impact that finding out Rondon was starting again had last night.

Until he indicates a willingness to accept blame himself and change what he is doing, we are relying on luck.
Doesn't matter how it happens: if we get a result it's job done and we move on to palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.