2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were definitely reports last season that some players found Carlo's style too possession-based.

Our possession average last season was 45%.

So unless our squad thinks that's Barcelona levels of possession then it's a miracle he got a tune out of them.

Personally think it's absolute tripe unless it's "out of possession" training.

Put it along side the "He just tells them to play" as if that's all the most decorated manager in world football is good for. Because as we know...this squad can't just "play" .

Yes we do. No manager will get time with us now. There’s not a single profile of manager who could ride out a bad run. When Martinez had his in the second season we were a far more patient fan base. He even started with a few draws and the fans were still onside.

That wouldn’t be the case now, the only thing Moshiri has ever been right about is if a manager loses three games in a row with us we want him out. Everyone accepts there’s a turnaround job to do, but no one wants it to get worse before it gets better. So it’s quick fix after quick fix, step forward step back, manager fired, manager in, manager fired again.

The next manager walks into the best position we've had since Moyes left. They will get time and patience simply because they are not Benitez and don't carry the baggage.

Expectations are at their lowest in my lifetime. This is the ideal time for a long term manager to take over. Only a totally stubborn, inept and hopeless manager takes us down.

As I've said elsewhere, the average manager tenure is 24 months, take away the long termers like Klopp and Guardiola and its going to be shorter.

Us sacking managers every 18 months isn't much more than par for the course. Obviously Benitez is going to go a lot sooner, due to abject failure, but getting rid in general at the rate we are isn't the main issue, IMO

That turnaround in the crowd won’t happen without work from Benitez though. Look at the impact that finding out Rondon was starting again had last night.

Until he indicates a willingness to accept blame himself and change what he is doing, we are relying on luck.

Whisper it, but I actually thought Rondon did okay last night

Still couldn't finish a sandwich like, but he was working hard and gave them some issues

This was a few minutes before their first goal, when Salah had that free shot inside the box.

Doucoure and Allan both in the box, but not picking up Salah and not their 3 (three!!!) midfielders on the edge of the box.

5b2diX.png

And Henderson's goal.

Doucoure and Allan both in the box, not marking anyone... actually marking each other! Thiago and Henderson completely un marked on the edge of the box, Fabinho is just a little way out of shot.

5b2COl.png

A few minutes later Thiago has a shot on the edge of the box.

5b2j5v.png

This was a few minutes before their first goal, when Salah had that free shot inside the box.

Doucoure and Allan both in the box, but not picking up Salah and not their 3 (three!!!) midfielders on the edge of the box.

5b2diX.png

And Henderson's goal.

Doucoure and Allan both in the box, not marking anyone... actually marking each other! Thiago and Henderson completely un marked on the edge of the box, Fabinho is just a little way out of shot.

5b2COl.png

A few minutes later Thiago has a shot on the edge of the box.

5b2j5v.png

I didn’t watch the game but on the first picture I would have hoped Keane would step in front of the other attacked so Godfrey could cut out the lane to Salah.

Does seem to be an eerily similar vibe to the time when Silva was given the boot.

That said, still don't think Moshiri will be so quick to get rid tbh.

That's me done with club football until they get rid of Benitez, I'll stick to rugby and cricket as Everton don't lose every week in those.

(I'll still follow Southport but that's conference north football, although quite possibly where Benitez will send Everton in a few years time if he's allowed to stay.)

Both full backs were poor last night. Also we can’t pass water.
I feel totally dejected after last night. At the game we accepted what was happening as we were totally outclassed. I feel worse today though. Maybe a good thing that the fans are telling the board that there not happy. I remember in the 70’s we protested if not happy (Gordon Lee) for instance.
I really don’t like the club the way it is with fans falling out, the club being so disjointed and the player recruitment a nightmare. We are stronger when we are together.
I feel for the manager though. He must have balls of steel TBF. Everything has gone against him luck wise. Large section hate him but I don’t know how we move forward as getting rid of another manager is rinse and repeat. We will be at the same point after a manager change until we rid of the decision makers I’m afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.