2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't - yes, he has contacts but his player development history is pretty woeful.

Aye true.

Just meant more that I'd probably trust him to build a club up more than Brands has done that would suit PL footy.

I don't want him anywhere near the club though. Just think he's a crap manager.

Not one PL team went for him when he left Newcastle. That should have been the lesson.

This is an absolutely fallacy, unless you’re actually in the player’s heads not a single fan knows exactly how they feel. No player actually deliberately goes out to play bad

They may not go out to play poorly but that doesn't take away the lack of desire, energy, motivation that encompasses this group.

I can accept technical mistakes.
I can't accept it when there's no fight, spine, desire etc.

My bad, I knew I shudda checked but heard a commentator say it earlier so though was safe. 82, still 40 odd years ago so hardly every game territory is it? So, he left under pressure, yeah I'd say that's sacked/left territory unless I missing something?
My point was conceding 4 at home was not common, to any1, never mind them. I get it we conceded 4 away alot recently, but 4 at home is / shud be a big thing.

Because it's that which results in the situation we're currently in. That squad is because we've had a mess of managers bringing in different players. Five permanent managers in five years.

We have players from all five managers in the squad, and about five of them would be players any manager actually wanted in 2021 at Everton.

So at what point do you stop sending more trains down the track to pile into the existing trainwreck?
But this train we're currently on is totally unfit for purpose. It's like Avanti.

I don't really support sacking Benitez at this point. Yes this season hasn't been the best but he is still experienced as a manager and we clearly don't have the players to compete. We hardly spent this summer and none of these players are what Benitez wants, except Rondon; but he was a free transfer so he don't count. We need to spend big in January basically.

If we play two in midfield again we'll get torn apart by Arsenal mate. A team that are happy to have the ball but actually are at their best on the counter with Smith Rowe, Aubameyang, Saka etc running into space.

We weren't good tonight. We had two shots on target and Alisson didn't make one save. The other shot on target other than the goal was the Doucoure half-chance. come out in a derby 2-1 down at home in the second half and don't even have one shot on target.

I said a few weeks back that this game will take us to 14 games. Well Silva got sacked after 15 games and we had 14 points. Benitez is on 14 games, 15 points.

The board wont sack him unless absolutely necessary for 2 reasons:

1. FFP

2. No decent replacement mid season

Dont be naive whilst we are 5 points above the bottom 3 they'll be thinking "1x scrappy win and we're 8 points safe and secure".

Just because fans arses are all going like the clappers doesn't mean the boards are who are just not emotionally invested like we are.

But this train we're currently on is totally unfit for purpose. It's like Avanti.

... and we'll say that about the next one, and the next one, and the next one... it never ends. You either draw a line in the sand or you don't; no manager is going to be universally popular, the next manager will be "out of his depth" or "a dinosaur" in December 2022.

It's just ridiculous.

This is an absolutely fallacy, unless you’re actually in the player’s heads not a single fan knows exactly how they feel. No player actually deliberately goes out to play bad
Each to there own am going off what am watching week after week .ask you self this and I hate to say it how much more hungrier we’re them Liverpool players tonight brentford players on Sunday Watford players the other week .

I don't really support sacking Benitez at this point. Yes this season hasn't been the best but he is still experienced as a manager and we clearly don't have the players to compete. We hardly spent this summer and none of these players are what Benitez wants, except Rondon; but he was a free transfer so he don't count. We need to spend big in January basically.
They were all his signings you utter mutant

Spend what . Monopoly money?

Thank you for telling us what we can’t & won’t be doing.

I can't complain at Gray.

Townsend is what he is. Looked good at the start of the season and now looks knackered because he's been asked to play every game in loads of different positions that don't suit him, because Benitez doesn't realise he can actually play three central midfielders.
Gray has been very , good Townsend ok at the start , stuggling badly now.

Benitez having carte blanche over recruitment is a big no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.