2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn’t have to be a long term plan. we are at the point of bringing someone in to give us a boost and see if we can by luck or otherwise keep out of the relegation zone.

This isn’t US sports - relegation exists here and has extremely serious consequences for clubs.
Relegation existing is exactly why we need to have a plan for sustainability. It is an argument for thinking longer term not against it.

I'm not suggesting bottoming out like US teams do. There are other ways to build.

Went weong with team should went delph allan dacoure in the middle which i would go for the derby. Hard seeing him turning it around a heavy defeat and he will go

What's delusional is to actually take these interviews seriously and think it would be wise to publicly crap all over the entire squad.
No one's saying he should do that. But wouldn't be unreasonable for him to hold his hands up for his part in that absolute travesty today.

Maybe something along the lines of "Sorry, I had a small stroke around the 70th minute and completely forgot I had two remaining subs I could have made to try to change a game we were clearly heading towards losing"

As I said I thought we were the better side today in which a toothless attack and crap ref cost us.

That pull on Rondon was a nailed on pen and Gray put in some beautiful crosses that DCL/Richarlison would have latched onto.

You can fume over games/performances like Wolves/Watford but today wasn't one of them imo that front 3 is barely Championship standard.

Benitez brought in 2/3rds of that championship front 3

Relegation existing is exactly why we need to have a plan for sustainability. It is an argument for thinking longer term not against it.

I'm not suggesting bottoming out like US teams do. There are other ways to build.
Avoiding relegation is the first and foremost concern for every club. I accept your point that we should be doing more, but unfortunately we cannot afford to be more expansive in our thinking while staring relegation in the face, if thats what retaining Benitez brings us (which is what you are saying we should be doing)

Status
Not open for further replies.