2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

One of my picks for next boss is now linked with United.

Saying Amorim has a £25mil release clause.

For less than the cost of one Iwobi we could have the best young manager in Europe.

Well that’s going to be a bit of a problem for us. Along with the fact that actual Manchester United want him of course. Along with the fact that Moshiri has never heard of him. All this points to we’re not appointing him.

Its going to be a long day on here and a long week, just to be clear the job is %100 safe for Rafael, regardless what happens today and midweak, if that is a good or a bad thing i dont know but you all need to accept he wont be getting sacked, even if we get 0 from 6 over the next few days.
The clubs a mess, Moshiri has taken us backwards, the money has been spent, the ground move is all we exist for now.

Its going to be a long day on here and a long week, just to be clear the job is %100 safe for Rafael, regardless what happens today and midweak, if that is a good or a bad thing i dont know but you all need to accept he wont be getting sacked, even if we get 0 from 6 over the next few days.
The clubs a mess, Moshiri has taken us backwards, the money has been spent, the ground move is all we exist for now.
You’re slowly hiding now mate, sad to see.

6 weeks ago Rafata gave you pride and made watching Everton enjoyable. Now you’ve basically conceded we’re getting beat in our next 2 games all without putting any blame on the man responsible for results

You’re slowly hiding now mate, sad to see.

6 weeks ago Rafata gave you pride and made watching Everton enjoyable. Now you’ve basically conceded we’re getting beat in our next 2 games all without putting any blame on the man responsible for results
But he is isnt responsilble, you refuse to see that Moshiri is taking us backwards, you refuse the see the club behind the scenes is a mess, the players, the injuries, the budget, Brands, it all goes over your head.
I actually think its going to get worse before it gets better, but one thing we wont do is sack the manager and blame him for failings above him only to bring in a lesser man to deal with the same mess.

We need 45 points - a situation I and a couple of others on here called over a month ago.

The squad is - incredibly after spending half a billion (which is why Brands should be dragged out of his office and metaphorically slapped around Halewood) - as bad as it's been for a quarter of a century.

I think more people need to get their heads around that and start getting real.
I think people have already got their heads around it.

They don't want to start "getting real" about it with a manager they don't like who has very little experience of managing with no money.

But he is isnt responsilble, you refuse to see that Moshiri is taking us backwards, you refuse the see the club behind the scenes is a mess, the players, the injuries, the budget, Brands, it all goes over your head.
I actually think its going to get worse before it gets better, but one thing we wont do is sack the manager and blame him for failings above him only to bring in a lesser man to deal with the same mess.
No I don’t. I’ve called him out massively, ever since he appointed Fat Sam

What you’re failing to grasp is the tactical genius is responsible for what happens on the pitch. Let’s give some examples which is not the responsibility of Moshiri:
  1. Watford and Wolves are going through our midfield like a hot knife through butter; the failure to do anything to address this.
  2. Our most effective fullback in Digne, one of the most assists in Europe, being told not to go past the halfway line
  3. The introduction of zonal marking, ripping up what was actually a small success from last year, in favour of conceding vast amounts of goals
  4. Awful in game substitutes
  5. Playing Iwobi
  6. Purchasing Rondon, when literally taking a massive dump and putting that upfron would be more useful
He’s a manager, of vast experience, so going into todays game he should be able to identify where Brentford’s strengths are and nullify them - like a good manager would, whether that’s to crowd the midfield or pressurise the wingers to stop them throwing crosses in

Now I know you won’t accept any of this, you’ll say something that involves injuries or £1.7m, because no matter what he does, he’s right.

Well said, exactly this.

My apprehensions about his appointment are unfortunately looking all too accurate. His modus operandi following any string of bad results is to blame anything and everything but himself.

At Newcastle it was Ashley's fault all the time never Rafás! Benitez got a free ride blaming lack of investment, injuries and the owner, in other words, all his usual excuses and reasons were called upon yet again. Poor Steve Bruce despite doing far better than Benitez (in finishing eleventh and twelfth) wasn't so lucky, he took the blame and got the sack. At Liverpool, it was Hicks and Gillett's fault, At Newcastle, Ashley and injuries and now here at Everton - just rinse and repeat....it's predictably happening all over again.

So presumably time for another Rafá rant next? The only FACT he left out last time in his infamous public meltdown was that Manchester United walked the league, and Sir Alex had nothing at all to fear while the fat Spanish waiter was in charge at Anfield.
I said before that if it wasn't for a fluke Champions League win, then rs fans would view Benitez in a far less kinder light. Take that out of the equation, and all he has left is one FA Cup. So if it wasn't for a freak event in Istanbul, then he was about as big a success as Graeme Souness there.

The vast majority of Everton fans are unhappy with Moshiri's decisions and dont think Benitez is the right manager. Its not a choice between one or other, it can definitely be both.

The vast majority of Everton fans are unhappy with Moshiri's decisions and dont think Benitez is the right manager. Its not a choice between one or other, it can definitely be both.
Yeah but people thought he was the wrong manager before a ball was kicked this season and only because of his Liverpool past, but refused to accept were we are as a club and the circumstances that paved the way for his arrival, the problem isnt the manager, its how the club is ran that resulted in his appointment, we have been in the same place before with Sam, so its not just Rafael.
But my point before was his job is %100 safe and right now he is a better option then the list of possible replacements anyway

No I don’t. I’ve called him out massively, ever since he appointed Fat Sam

What you’re failing to grasp is the tactical genius is responsible for what happens on the pitch. Let’s give some examples which is not the responsibility of Moshiri:
  1. Watford and Wolves are going through our midfield like a hot knife through butter; the failure to do anything to address this.
  2. Our most effective fullback in Digne, one of the most assists in Europe, being told not to go past the halfway line
  3. The introduction of zonal marking, ripping up what was actually a small success from last year, in favour of conceding vast amounts of goals
  4. Awful in game substitutes
  5. Playing Iwobi
  6. Purchasing Rondon, when literally taking a massive dump and putting that upfron would be more useful
He’s a manager, of vast experience, so going into todays game he should be able to identify where Brentford’s strengths are and nullify them - like a good manager would, whether that’s to crowd the midfield or pressurise the wingers to stop them throwing crosses in

Now I know you won’t accept any of this, you’ll say something that involves injuries or £1.7m, because no matter what he does, he’s right.

1. What midfield? Who played in it and who didnt, besides how many times did lesser teams do that to us last season? Its not something new.
2. Maybe because we are week at the back and dont want to get exposed, his defending has been terrible as it is
3. I totally agree on this but he has binned it off in last two games
4. Have you actually seen our bench?
5. He had no choice because of lack of squad depth
6. He had no money to get better and if it wasnt for Carlo we woujld of had King in that slot

Besides, with a 1.7 budget why do you expect better?

His jobis safe, that my point, we cant afford to replace him

Yeah but people thought he was the wrong manager before a ball was kicked this season and only because of his Liverpool past,
People thought he was the wrong manager:
a) because of his Liverpool past.
b) he hasn't done anything of note in a decade.
c) he come from a league where players AND managers go to die.
d) he's disrespected the club a number of times.
e) he's not a master tactician like the RS think he is.

I suppose like your mate, you want to see Everton relegated too, and see us as being level with Stoke in terms of stature. ?

1. What midfield? Who played in it and who didnt, besides how many times did lesser teams do that to us last season? Its not something new.
2. Maybe because we are week at the back and dont want to get exposed, his defending has been terrible as it is
3. I totally agree on this but he has binned it off in last two games
4. Have you actually seen our bench?
5. He had no choice because of lack of squad depth
6. He had no money to get better and if it wasnt for Carlo we woujld of had King in that slot

Besides, with a 1.7 budget why do you expect better?

His jobis safe, that my point, we cant afford to replace him
There we go

People thought he was the wrong manager:
a) because of his Liverpool past.
b) he hasn't done anything of note in a decade.
c) he come from a league where players AND managers go to die.
d) he's disrespected the club a number of times.
e) he's not a master tactician like the RS think he is.
Who should we of gone for that we could of got?

Status
Not open for further replies.