2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s interesting to note how his supporters here claim ‘he’s a professional doing a job and will cast aside past prejudices’ when his actions so far have actually shown far more in common with a man wanting to do an inside job on his arch enemies and get them relegated.

My money is certainly on the latter.
How much are we talking about? I can go up to 1000 pounds as a friendly wager with rules as below:

End of season, he's still the manager of Everton and we get relegated, you win.

End of season, he's still manager of Everton and Everton is not relegated, I win.

If he is sacked before the end of season, regardless of relegation outcome we draw.

I believe this is fair. Deal?

Regardless of who is out ultimately anything other than a result tomorrow is unacceptable. The excuses in this thread seem to suggest some people are trying to protect him. Yes we need stability but it's also a results business. If he can't get them he will be under pressure.

How much are we talking about? I can go up to 1000 pounds as a friendly wager with rules as below:

End of season, he's still the manager of Everton and we get relegated, you win.

End of season, he's still manager of Everton and Everton is not relegated, I win.

If he is sacked before the end of season, regardless of relegation outcome we draw.

I believe this is fair. Deal?
Kev will only wager in crypto mate

Kev will only wager in crypto mate
I'm sure he has fiat money to live by. Unless he's below 18 then I apologize. Children shouldn't be involved in betting.

I find that people are usually more honest with their feelings when potential lost of money is involved. I'll open this to anyone above 18 since Kev is just a child. If you truly think Benitez is dog poo, either he's sacked or he relegate Everton. Easy money.

I'm sure he has fiat money to live by. Unless he's below 18 then I apologize. Children shouldn't be involved in betting.

I find that people are usually more honest with their feelings when potential lost of money is involved. I'll open this to anyone above 18 since Kev is just a child. If you truly think Benitez is dog poo, either he's sacked or he relegate Everton. Easy money.
I don't think Kev is a child.

We have lost 1 home derby in 11 years mate. Losing to them is not an option. If we lose, particularly lose heavily, there will be no hiding place.

He needs to set a team up to kick them off the park.

Really :eek:

He definitely needs to set them up to 'take out' their players (in a gentlemanly sportsmanlike manner!) and destroy the flow of the game.

Just 'go after them' as we saw Ferguson set up the team to do when he was caretaker.

If he tells them to stand off again then were doomed.

Allardyce said the same. He finished 8th and was sacked.

Benitez increasingly feels like a B rate Allardyce.

I'm sure he wants to be here long term. Hes very fortunate to get a job at a club of our stature. I can understand why he would want to milk it. That doesnt mean Moshiri will put up with his failure indefinitely.

Allardyce looks a far superior manager results wise than Benitez.

He inherited a team that got 59 points. Under the same manager it was 30 from 20 points the previous season (running at a 57 point tally).

This is comfortably top 8 form. In fact it is closer to top 6 form.

That's what he inherited. It does not need major surgery to be top 8. It was already top 8. It sounds to me like he is going to do lots of work to stand still.

Totally agree. You can only achieve points from your own performances.

If we replicated the 59pts this season Id expect us to finish in the top 8.

Benitez himself has said "8th is nothing" and our first eleven despite all its faults is actually the 5th or 6th best in the league imo.

They are going to put a hatful of goals past us, I'm fully expecting a cricket score with how our defence is organised.

Kopites will sing his name and wave his flags.

Klopp will headpat us whilst he's smirking down the camera.

Anyone within 2 Square miles of a kopite will hear about it for approximately 2 years.

Benitez will pick up his huge pay packet and won't be arsed in the slightest

Im overseas so Its not what is the driving factor for me.

Forget his past and just look at the future.

How does Benitez mould together a top 6 team over the next 2.5 seasons?

I dont see how he can based on the evidence over his recent career and from what im seeing with my own eyes.

My own take is that if he was given £100mil to spend last summer i dont think he would have signed players to take the step forward under his tactics.

Commenting that Tosun/Rondon have experience and so are more likely to start than Simms is simply rewarding failure.

Ive always said we need to be using young players and bridging the gap between us and the top 4 with intelligent u23 signings.

Is he the man to do this? Not from what ive seen.

Ferguson manager yes but Benitez can feck off.

Put personal feelings to one side.

Benitez is supposedly very meticulous and would go through every aspect of the football operation and be ruthless -- thats what we need.

Brands doesnt seem to have the personality to push for change -- Benitez definitely does.

I feel that he would totally gut our footballing operation and modernise and improve it.

Just look at what he was doing in China, its quite impressive.

Definitely have him as a DOF.

Put personal feelings to one side.

Benitez is supposedly very meticulous and would go through every aspect of the football operation and be ruthless -- thats what we need.

Brands doesnt seem to have the personality to push for change -- Benitez definitely does.

I feel that he would totally gut our footballing operation and modernise and improve it.

Just look at what he was doing in China, its quite impressive.

Definitely have him as a DOF.
No mate wouldn't want his shadow anywhere near the club. Agree we do need a complete clear out, Brand's is obviously not strong enough to pipe down the crazy Iranian, similarly to when we were linked to Monchi and Emery - id go for a proven double act like Sociedads Olabe and Imanol or a similar double act - They gutted their squad bringing in more money than they spent, but still won their 1st trophy in 30+ years and right up with the big boys these last couple of seasons. Imanol also great game changer and can play many systems and a fond friend and student of Moyes too, maybe Davey can put a good word in for us...... im wrong they +spent 2.25m this summer

Last edited:
I don't think Kev is a child.
Certainly acts like one. Interesting how nobody who says Benitez is a terrible manager, should get sacked, will relegate Everton, has the conviction to back what they are saying. Talk is cheap.

I respect everyone's right to dislike him for his past association. You want him out at all cost, even to the disadvantage of the club, totally understandable. I think he's a good manager and needs time. We agree to disagree like proper well brought up adults. But talking wham all the time trying to justify your hatred by inventing all sorts of "reasons" in order to appear unbiased, smart or logical is boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.