2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael has confirmed that Moshiri is fully on board with the long term project and has said if results are still bad by January, Moshiri will back him.

He has said they have several meetings a week and they are all positive.
ITK or not, I would say this scenario is probably true. Even if we lose a few more I can see the board sticking with him and giving him time due to A) the fact he was given no money B) the current long term injury crisis C) from what I can gather rumours are that Rafael is ripping everything up behind the scenes and essentially beginning the jobs Brands should have years ago.

Rafael has confirmed that Moshiri is fully on board with the long term project and has said if results are still bad by January, Moshiri will back him.

That's exactly what he's going to say. I'll bet dollars to Rondonuts every other manager thought they had the full backing of the owner....... until his £500m asset was faced with dropping out of the richest league in the world, then the axe was swung faster than Braveheart on double speed. If we're on 15/16/17 points come January I'll eat my hat if Rafael is still in a job. Moshiri will be crapping bricks.

We need either a massive injection of money in a window to turf them out and replace them, or we have to have managerial stability to slowly transition them out. Firing managers doesn’t help as the new one comes in and just finds the same useless players sitting in the dressing room.
Disagree about the firing managers bit. You have to find the right one then get stability, not just stick with Number X for the sake of it. As for massive injection of money - Mosh has pumped £400m into the club already, with bleep all to show for it. Wouldn't surprise me one iota if Mosh wasn't prepared to put another penny in beyoned what the club can generate until BMD.

Carry on losing games and it won't matter if the lord almighty himself backs him, he will be gone. Not that it will make any difference mind because we were crap long before Benitez came and he should have known better. Taking the Everton job was like taking charge of the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg. The outcome was inevitable. Nobody is going to change the fortunes of this club until the tossers at the top have all been thrown overboard with no life jackets, Brands included.

We've won just 2 of the last 25 Merseyside Derbies

Last won at Goodison in 2010

We have 8-9 players currently out and likely still around 6-7 come the derby but apparently its a must win or Benitez is getting tarred and feathered! lol

This is why the silent majority can not take these cats seriously.

We have lost 1 home derby in 11 years mate. Losing to them is not an option. If we lose, particularly lose heavily, there will be no hiding place.

He needs to set a team up to kick them off the park.

Benitez can say what he wants. If results dont drastically improve he will be under pressure, and rightly so.

Moshiri has not been shown to be particularly patient, or logical with failure. Benitez needs to focus on getting the team to perform adequately, and ensure we dont lose a home derby for the 1st time in I dont know how many years. Losing to them at home is never acceptable.

Asked if he was confident of retaining Moshiri's support if results were continue being poor between now and Christmas, Benitez said: "Yes. I don't want to be here for three years, I want to be here for even more.

"I want to be here for the new stadium and try to be successful there also.

"Mr Moshiri, he knows."

Allardyce said the same. He finished 8th and was sacked.

Benitez increasingly feels like a B rate Allardyce.

I'm sure he wants to be here long term. Hes very fortunate to get a job at a club of our stature. I can understand why he would want to milk it. That doesnt mean Moshiri will put up with his failure indefinitely.

You are partly right, but what first and foremost limits us is the injury situation. Partly also the quality of the players.

But what makes me optimistic is that Benitez knows exactly what he wants from the players, and what players he wants in his system. I also think that this system will eventually make us a top 8 team. Not this year, but next year.

Of course I can be wrong, but I'm willing to give him this season, and maybe next season. For me, stability is the most important thing for Everton right now, and Benitez is a manager who is very competent, and who knows exactly how he wants it.

I do not buy that he is outdated. However, success is difficult to guarantee, especially when it comes to Everton.

He inherited a team that got 59 points. Under the same manager it was 30 from 20 points the previous season (running at a 57 point tally).

This is comfortably top 8 form. In fact it is closer to top 6 form.

That's what he inherited. It does not need major surgery to be top 8. It was already top 8. It sounds to me like he is going to do lots of work to stand still.

I don’t think any amount of noise at the games will have an effect this time. I think that Moshiri has decided that he is throwing no more money at the playing side of the business. As long as Benitez keeps us mid table and safe with little or no outlay, he will be quite safe.

Moshiri really doesn’t give a flying one what the fans think. He showed that with the appointment. He’s not an Evertonian, he’s a businessman, his goal now is Bramley-Moore, balance the books and sell to get his investment and a little bonus profit out of it.

I imagine the noise will make a big difference if it comes, particularly if we slip into the bottom 6/7. His behaviour has always shown us that he is trigger happy. I see no reason why he wont do it again in the abstract sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.