2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to do well but he knows, from when we had conversations in the beginning and what happened later on, he knows they have to support me and support the structure in general to be sure that we can improve.

"All the conversations with him have been really positive and every time he's telling me: 'Rafael, tell us what you need' and 'how can we improve, what can we do?'
You’re a strange cat, lad

Proper, proper strange

Asked if he was confident of retaining Moshiri's support if results were continue being poor between now and Christmas, Benitez said: "Yes. I don't want to be here for three years, I want to be here for even more.

"I want to be here for the new stadium and try to be successful there also.

"Mr Moshiri, he knows."
So benitez has said moshiri knows what benitez has told him he wants. Doesn't mean anything. Also what you have quoted doesn't say anything that moshiri has said he has his backing. Just that he knows what benitez wants.

He wants to do well but he knows, from when we had conversations in the beginning and what happened later on, he knows they have to support me and support the structure in general to be sure that we can improve.

"All the conversations with him have been really positive and every time he's telling me: 'Rafael, tell us what you need' and 'how can we improve, what can we do?'
You have proper lost it.

Evidently not. Rafael has said he has Moshiri's backing no matter what.

No ad the club would release a statement saying so. This is Rafael saying it.

Asked if he was confident of retaining Moshiri's support if results were continue being poor between now and Christmas, Benitez said: "Yes. I don't want to be here for three years, I want to be here for even more.

"I want to be here for the new stadium and try to be successful there also.

"Mr Moshiri, he knows."

Take a few mins mate and read back your posts.

Im trying to you a favour here...

Remember when Sam Allardyce said he was planning for the forth coming season following talks with Moshiri

@Theoneandonly

:hayee::hayee::hayee::hayee:

Words mean nothing. ‘We have out a big bet on Marco Silva’ ‘we have a manager to compete in the Hollywood of football’. You can’t put a single penny on a word Moshiri says, he’s a complete loose cannon.

That said. I think even he knows now that firing another manager gets us nowhere. The players have to leave. We won’t improve until Coleman Keane Davies Siggurdson Gomes Iwobi etc. are no longer starting games regularly for us. Every time we buy someone to replace them though they get injured so they’re almost certainly back in in some way. We need either a massive injection of money in a window to turf them out and replace them, or we have to have managerial stability to slowly transition them out. Firing managers doesn’t help as the new one comes in and just finds the same useless players sitting in the dressing room.

Words mean nothing. ‘We have out a big bet on Marco Silva’ ‘we have a manager to compete in the Hollywood of football’. You can’t put a single penny on a word Moshiri says, he’s a complete loose cannon.

That said. I think even he knows now that firing another manager gets us nowhere. The players have to leave. We won’t improve until Coleman Keane Davies Siggurdson Gomes Iwobi etc. are no longer starting games regularly for us. Every time we buy someone to replace them though they get injured so they’re almost certainly back in in some way. We need either a massive injection of money in a window to turf them out and replace them, or we have to have managerial stability to slowly transition them out. Firing managers doesn’t help as the new one comes in and just finds the same useless players sitting in the dressing room.
We need a long term solution, which Rafata isn’t. If the club wanted to employ a DoF then you let him have full control of everything and he is the man held accountable for the failures of the club moving forward.

But we have DoF, Manager, Chairman, CEO and Owner all having their input and wanting it to remain that way. So they’ve now brought HIM in as a safe per of hands to juggle everything and get the club stable.

It’s not a solution, it’s a plaster over a massive crack and it’s just added to an already awful situation. Him being here as now just put a massive divide inbetween the fans.

Everyone at the club need to go, from the top down

We can only judge Rafael when he has a full squad to pick from plus the players he brings in in January, Gray and Townsend have been decent so I trust in his choices .

People have lost their minds. When Martinez arrived and took over what was a top 7 squad, got given funds and had a full preseason, most people were in agreement on things like ‘he needs a least three seasons to be judged’ ‘he needs time to build his own squad to play the football he wants’ ‘it might have to get worse before it gets better’. He had a very good first season, then a poor second season, most were still in favour of a third season and he then proved it wasn’t getting better. Despite that though there were still some calling for him to get longer and even some calling for him to return every time there’s a managerial vacancy.

Benitez has had a few games with a squad that is not his after being parachuted into a basket case of a club halfway through the summer. He was given hardly anything to spend, and has then incurred a ridiculous injury crisis. But because he managed Liverpool, a load of people now want him out. It’s absolutely ridiculous and honestly resembles the same sort of witch-hunt behaviour that we accuse kopites of.

This is a serious turn around job. The problems that previous managers have stored up for us are not easily solved. Everyone on here recognised that before Ancelotti came, yet now seem to think that all the problems are gone. The parameters are still exactly the same:

A poor squad of players low on pace, power, technique, intelligence, confidence

Most of the squad on long contracts on higher wages than they could command elsewhere. Hardly any of the squad playing well enough to get a move upwards

FFP constraints due to the above point meaning any new manager has to sell players to be able to buy, except they can’t because most won’t go, so we have to loan them or wait until contract ends

We have a terrible injury record meaning any new buys often get injured and we are back to problem number 1.

There is no quick easy way out of this. No magic silver bullet that fixes this in one swoop. The only way out of it is to let a manager be bulletproof, make it clear he’s not being fired no matter how much the players down tools. Back him as much as possible every transfer window to bring new players in. Improve the medical department as much as possible in the meantime, shift players out as contracts end. Wait for the FFP situation to improve.

Firing a manager doesn’t help us do any of those steps at all, in fact it makes it harder because it just reinforces the players belief they can get any manager fired. The funding situation gets worse every time we have to pay out huge compensation. We keep getting mismatched squads of players because of all the different managers.

It’s a massive waste yet loads of fans are almost gleeful in calling for it because they can’t get past petty partisanship when it comes to Benitez.

It’s a massive waste yet loads of fans are almost gleeful in calling for it because they can’t get past petty partisanship when it comes to Benitez.
That and zonal marking, Rondon, sitting off teams and getting pummelled, and to go with the dire football being dished out he has brought us the longest winless run in the Premier League since 2005 etc.

We can only judge Rafael when he has a full squad to pick from plus the players he brings in in January, Gray and Townsend have been decent so I trust in his choices .

Very rare any manager in the world has the luxury of a full squad to choose from.
His job description is manager. That includes managing situations like players not available.
We're not expecting the world on a silver platter. Just being competitive would do at the moment. Oh and alexi iwobi nowhere near the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.