2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting interview with Benitez in the Echo today. Kind of setting out his stall by saying finishing 8th means nothing to him and he wants to compete. He’s probably in for a shock when we start capitulating after Christmas lol

£1.7m budget and aiming for the top 7.

Say what you want about the man but he has ambishun - people can koff with all this off to China for a pension nonsense.

Say what you want about the man but he has ambishun - people can koff with all this off to China for a pension nonsense.
He certainly came across in the interview as wanting to compete for Europe and trophies. I think top 7 is a realistic ambition for the team if we can keep our best players fit and add some decent signings in January.

I don’t think anyone doubts we have a good first XI but it’s when injuries start to bite that we’ll see whether he can do better than his predecessors. The performance at Utd was a big plus but my real worry is when we get injuries in CM.

Look my two worries were exactly that and the divisiveness his appointment would cause , looks like he seems to have got his interest back which is a huge bonus . It’s hard to argue that he went for an easy payday , unless you buy this project rubbish, but the fact he seems up for it here is what matters . The division is fairly obvious but as long as he keeps on winning then it obviously becomes less important .

He certainly came across in the interview as wanting to compete for Europe and trophies. I think top 7 is a realistic ambition for the team if we can keep our best players fit and add some decent signings in January.

I don’t think anyone doubts we have a good first XI but it’s when injuries start to bite that we’ll see whether he can do better than his predecessors. The performance at Utd was a big plus but my real worry is when we get injuries in CM.

Its the winter fixtures that kill us as we often can be playing 3 games in the space of 7 days and we just dont have the squad depth to rotate effectively enough.

We can't rotate Doucoure/Allan because Gbamin and Delph are never fit - the pair of em are wastes of space. Davies tries but he isn't any good and Gomes just isn't suited to English football whatsoever.

Rondon coming in allows DCL to get a rest and Gray/Townsend can always be rotated with Iwobi and Gordon if needed but LB/RB and CM we have nothing.

Whether it has been a change in focus, tactical wizardry or a bit of luck in the games played, given that we are right in the mix and during a period of missing our established match winners you have to say well done to the manager. If he has a bit more luck with injuries and doesn't get his head turned in the run-in I believe that we will be in the mix for the Euro places come the end of the season.

Whether it has been a change in focus, tactical wizardry or a bit of luck in the games played, given that we are right in the mix and during a period of missing our established match winners you have to say well done to the manager. If he has a bit more luck with injuries and doesn't get his head turned in the run-in I believe that we will be in the mix for the Euro places come the end of the season.
He quickly identified problems and brought in Townsend and Gray to add a bit more out wide. That was good on his part and I guess he got a bit of luck in that they have both hit the ground running.

IMO it’s not necessarily going to be taking points off the top 4 that’s going to get us into Europe. We need to beat the teams around us and below us consistently (as Moyes did) and find ways to win those games when we haven’t got a full strength side out. Here’s hoping.

Look my two worries were exactly that and the divisiveness his appointment would cause , looks like he seems to have got his interest back which is a huge bonus . It’s hard to argue that he went for an easy payday , unless you buy this project rubbish, but the fact he seems up for it here is what matters . The division is fairly obvious but as long as he keeps on winning then it obviously becomes less important .

He said he went because there were no options, which was true, obviously the money helped, what sane person would turn it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.