2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was impressed by the displays v Brighton and Leeds and in flashes we've shown stuff I like. The performances in general have been very average and when our best players are out that's shown in the cup games. Basically replicating the same style of play/level of performance, but with poorer players.
the performances have been very average? you'd have given the performances 5/10 and only raised it cos we won the games?
You must have been freaking the eff out then from January to June when we couldn't pass forwards.

well, we are one point off top, and you think the performances have been very average. We've won by two clear goals each game we've won, scored at least two in every game by the one we were decimated by injuries. Actually, I think you just like moaning, no? What could he have possibly have done more to improve things, given the shtshow he took over?

Back to the point: Benitez would have known he was walking into a squad that had a lot of problems in it. The fact he was willing to accept the situation doesn't detract from the fact that it was a terrible set of players he was inheriting.
I think the negotiations did take a long time because RB knew exactly what he was inheriting.

I don't think there is a terrible set of players at Everton, I think there is a good first eleven but as an overall the squad is light in sufficient quality to cover injuries and suspensions over a season.

well, we are one point off top, and you think the performances have been very average. We've won by two clear goals each game we've won, scored at least two in every game by the one we were decimated by injuries. Actually, I think you just like moaning, no? What could he have possibly have done more to improve things, given the shtshow he took over?
He deserves credit for mostly beating teams we would expect to beat, unlike the end of last season. But we've faced a grand total of 1 decent side and had our rears handed to us. Just because @BlueToff isn't getting carried away with looking at the table after 6 games in, doesn't mean he likes to have a moan. In fact its fickle fans who sing praise so early that end up being the biggest moaners of all when results aren't going our way.

Hi mate, please try and understand that the cult of the ex-Kopite is always trying to think of new ways to praise their master.

Here is @Death with his neighbor, she is taking notes as he tries to think of new ways to describe his love for Benitez.

His fascination for Spaniels being evident as he heads off to Caldy to serenade the glorious walrus.

Damn it. The code suggests i must hate you but how can I?

I don't care what they say in the WhatsApp group about you. You're a good lad deep down.

He deserves credit for mostly beating teams we would expect to beat, unlike the end of last season. But we've faced a grand total of 1 decent side and had our rears handed to us. Just because @BlueToff isn't getting carried away with looking at the table after 6 games in, doesn't mean he likes to have a moan. In fact its fickle fans who sing praise so early that end up being the biggest moaners of all when results aren't going our way.
Think to be fair last season the king of the hypocrites had a whisper from Madrid around early January and lost interest,so the moaning at the second half of the season performances was merited.

I think the negotiations did take a long time because RB knew exactly what he was inheriting.

I don't think there is a terrible set of players at Everton, I think there is a good first eleven but as an overall the squad is light in sufficient quality to cover injuries and suspensions over a season.
Our first XI is good enough to challenge for top 6/7 when everyone is fit.

We need a good RB, a quality CB, another CM with industry and quality and another quality wide forward and then I’d say we’re starting to look better. Problem is we probably need over £100mill to sort it out.

When I have a guest in my house I put the kettle on no matter who. Because that's what us Evertonians do.

Tell me this. You have a blockage in your house and its backed up, its wrecking the gaf. A drainage lad comes to sort the problem. Turns out he supports the RS. Do you stand there calling him a pig while he tries to save your house?

Or do you thank him, forget your differences. Put the kettle on?

Put the kettle on haters. It's not too late.

Be an Evertonian.

well if we're expected to beat them then he doesn't deserve any credit, does he? But then, are we expected to just beat these teams? I think there's a bit more to it than that. And we've played several decent teams, all of whom took points off us last season. And we went toe to toe with villa for an hour, with an injury ravaged team. There's a difference between 'steady, let's not get carried away' and hundreds of posts all criticising one of the best starts we've had for donkeys years, on the back of a hospital pass of a job.

Shocking when you consider the money spent in the last 5 years.

When I have a guest in my house I put the kettle on no matter who. Because that's what us Evertonians do.

Tell me this. You have a blockage in your house and its backed up, its wrecking the gaf. A drainage lad comes to sort the problem. Turns out he supports the RS. Do you stand there calling him a pig while he tries to save your house?

Or do you thank him, forget your differences. Put the kettle on?

Put the kettle on haters. It's not too late.

Be an Evertonian.
Preaching like a pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.