2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not about supporting one person mate. As plenty realised with Ancelotti.

It's about the team.

No manager gets blind faith from me.

He got it wrong last night - totally wrong as one or two before him did when treating the league cup with contempt.

We're not good enough to do that.

But you have to acknowledge mate that we had a lot of injuries and rightly or wrongly the manager is under pressure to finish high up the table due to his RS history and fan pressure on him he can't just ignore the league like a Martinez could perhaps.

Gray
Doucoure
Keane
Mina
Allan

The only players who never started the game and tbh Allan had a knock 3 days ago at Villa, Mina can't play 2 games in such a quick turnover with his injury record which leaves three you could argue he should have played.

Keane who has been very poor so far this season, Gray came on and did nothing and Doucoure is solid but he's not a Bruno Fernandes who'll make something happen week in week out.

Our problem for me was no decent CF on the pitch - a fully fit DCL or Richarlison up top and we win that game and have someone to aim for whereas we had a half fit Rondon chugging around with little service.

I get people are upset no one wants to win a trophy more than me im not old enough to remember 95 but at the same time we lost on penalites on another day Davies slots it in and one of theirs misses.

We move on and hope our injuries settle down and go for Europe / FA Cup.

He had ample opportunity to keep them afloat, and before you say he got them straight back up again, it was by far the most expensively assembled squad in the Championship - would be like saying Man City over achieve by winning the Premier League.

He's average. He failed at Newcastle, cried about money after he wasted millions, buggered off to China for the money, failed and now we are stuck with him, his ego and his arrogance.
This is my problem. People re-inventing reality to suit an agenda. Newcastle fans wanted him to stay. He did a decent job with them and with what he had.

Link doesn't work but it's a weird, strange outlet that. They'd run Everton articles based on just posts in this forum.

It would be like me throwing an article on the front page about what fans in a Newcastle forum are discussing.
First thing that came up when I googled how they felt about him mate.

They are bad gimps like

Let's look a little more at last night's changes..
We made 5. Mina wasn't in the squad so maybe he picked up a bit of a knock. He is injury prone. We didn't play keane who has been getting criticised all season..so he went went Godfrey who needs games and Holgate. Kenny the only other option at right back started.
In midfield Allan came off against villa so maybe he was fatigued . Again we don't know for sure . He started gomes and Davies. Our next 2 midfielders. Id argue maybe Doucoure should have started.
Then he started Gordon who a lot think maybe should see game time and started the other 3 who played against villa . Simms was the only other option up front.
All other options were not available.

Which is right, and the Keane critisicm has been well justified but as many pointed out last night. If there was a game where we needed a tall defender... If Mina wasn't available then keane should have played. Could have stopped many issues last night. Godfrey is playing at 50%, he does not look like the player we had last season.

Kenny, Gomes, Davies, Holgate should be nowhere near the team even as reserve. Iwobi should have been fine for game last night.

We job thus cup off, forget the FA cup because only the top 6 can win that, we don't want to be in the Europa/ conference cup next year, too many games, too much travelling, not a good enough squad, let's settle for 14th every year

This is my problem. People re-inventing reality to suit an agenda. Newcastle fans wanted him to stay. He did a decent job with them and with what he had.
He finished tenth in his first season back up. Got them winning away at Man City.

But this discussion has been done to death though... He must've know that Everton are a challenge of a different, emotional level.

QF of the EFL Cup is just before Christmas
FA Cup 3rd Round is in January

We don't start getting a tighter schedule till the very end of November.

Resting players for a game against Norwich is just arrogant negligence.

I think every single Everton manager in my lifetime would by and large rest players for a game like this tbf.

Not that I agree with it.

It's the same argument as why do never leave anyone up top when we're defending a corner? I don't get it but again every single Everton manager I've ever seen does it.

He finished tenth in his first season back up. Got them winning away at Man City.

But this discussion has been done to death though... He must've know that Everton a challenge of a different, emotional level.
Ssssh you'll rattle the nest with facts like that mate.

Yeah bigger job here and of course he will have known that. I can't wait to see how he does and I'm right behind him in his quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.