2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who was the last manager we had who played a full strength side against lower league opposition in the league Cup?

The last one in Ancelotti last season, mate. He had Pickford/Richarlison/Calvert-Lewin etc starting against Fleetwood. He only really dropped Coleman/Doucoure. Not to mention a full strength side against West Ham in the next round.

Koeman did vs Sunderland even when we had Europe that season.

But a few also haven't and they've all been wrong to treat a domestic cup with contempt. I lost it with Marco Silva when he pulled the same stunt against Southampton and we lost on penalties. Good news though - we finished 8th that season. Worth it I'm sure. To be fair to Silva, he got a lesson and the following season put out a full team against Lincoln and Sheff Wed.

Recruitment has been shambolic mate. Not defending that, but also tactically Benitez and his staff should have been more than aware that Godfrey and Holgate wouldn't be great aerially last night. I also dont buy that most players need a rest after 5 games.

Also apparently BEnitez who voided the dumfries transfer as he didnt see 13m on him as good spend. So if that's true then he cant blame anyone for having kenny as reserve.

And Kenny was absolutely abysmal last night.

I could have played last night and at least Everton fans would appreciate me having a go.
Kenny is a terrible player.
Did qpr really destroy us in the air . One header granted but it was not an aerial bombardment.
Not all players need a rest . We started 6 from the weekend too.
Re Dumfries if he vetoed it then we should have had plenty time to get some one else in.
We had apparently bids for Patterson and maitland niles as well

Kenny is a terrible player.
Did qpr really destroy us in the air . One header granted but it was not an aerial bombardment.
Not all players need a rest . We started 6 from the weekend too.
Re Dumfries if he vetoed it then we should have had plenty time to get some one else in.
We had apparently bids for Patterson and maitland niles as well

I reckon he just decided to go and play for the Italian Champions myself rather than midtable Everton in L4.

The last one in Ancelotti last season, mate. He had Pickford/Richarlison/Calvert-Lewin etc starting against Fleetwood. He only really dropped Coleman/Doucoure. Not to mention a full strength side against West Ham in the next round.

Koeman did vs Sunderland even when we had Europe that season.

But a few also haven't and they've all been wrong to treat a domestic cup with contempt. I lost it with Marco Silva when he pulled the same stunt against Southampton and we lost on penalties. Good news though - we finished 8th that season. Worth it I'm sure.
Look at the line up we put out v Salford in the first game of that. Kenny , Delph, Nkounkou and Bernard also started v Fleetwood.
Thing is last night we hadn't the option of picking pickford, Coleman, dcl or richy either

Status
Not open for further replies.