2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez being manager will not stop me going to the game but I fully understand fans who will not go while he is here.
He is totally a RS legend and that is unlikely to change though they do seem to have memory lapses over why he was sacked.
What can he do now to win supporters over?
Carry on winning , get us into the top four and win us a trophy. Nothing else will be good enough so if he isn't up to it he shouldn't have taken the gig.
No manager in world football could get us as 2 top 4 and win us a trophy in the near future. If that's your criteria we'd have no one to pick a team.

Benitez being manager will not stop me going to the game but I fully understand fans who will not go while he is here.
He is totally a RS legend and that is unlikely to change though they do seem to have memory lapses over why he was sacked.
Carry on winning , get us into the top four and win us a trophy. Nothing else will be good enough so if he isn't up to it he shouldn't have taken the gig.
No manager in world football could get us as 2 top 4 and win us a trophy in the near future. If that's your criteria we'd have no one to pick a team.

Come on mate. how does that show he's a Kopite?
He just loves the City... according to all these Superblues still dehydrating themselves wildly into their socks after our good 7 mins the other night.
I was merely pointing out the timescale not trying to confirm whether kopite or not

It's a really good point to be fair.
As someone who was lucky enough to be around in the 80s and saw Sheedy play I really liked him and he was one of my favourite players. However if memory serves me right he only played for their reserves or if I'm wrong he didn't play many 1st team games for the RS. So I don't associate him with them.
Benitez on the other hand was revered ( maybe still is ) by kopites and I always regarded him as the personification of the RS and summed up everything that I hate about them ..... a false sense of entitlement , arrogant and half decent.
Sheedy played just the three competitive games for the RS across four years

Why couldn't a manager win us a trophy? We have come close a fair few times. That is a realistic goal.

Look at what Arsenal have won recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.