2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are all Kopites at the end of the day so how do you apply different levels of hatred? Is it on how they performed for Everton i.e. If performed well less hate? If so and Benitez is a raving success will you become a follower?
It's a really good point to be fair.
As someone who was lucky enough to be around in the 80s and saw Sheedy play I really liked him and he was one of my favourite players. However if memory serves me right he only played for their reserves or if I'm wrong he didn't play many 1st team games for the RS. So I don't associate him with them.
Benitez on the other hand was revered ( maybe still is ) by kopites and I always regarded him as the personification of the RS and summed up everything that I hate about them ..... a false sense of entitlement , arrogant and half decent.

Reading though this thread, it amazes me how many people want him to fail.

giphy.gif

When we lose the first game that will be the true barometer of how well he's been accepted. Still in the honeymoon period at the moment.
As someone who supports the team and doesn't want Benitez here I don't agree. It depends who we play , the manner of the defeat , team selection and tactics.
So if we go to Man U with a sensible team selection and plan and that doesn't work I can't see anyone criticising the manager.
However if we play Norwich at home and set up with 5 at the back and deliberately don't select creative options on the bench ie James and fail to break them down / lose then he would get justified criticism.

You can ask but I can't be arsed explaining myself again.
Read the thread
I think it might be because Benitez once called us a small club. How great it would be if that comment was the catalyst of his predetermined destiny to make us an actual great club again?

Fate is a funny thing.

@tommye , how long can you stay away? If for example, he won us the PL and a handful of trophies, including the CL in say a 10 year period, would you be supporting Tranmere by then?

Just another point,

If we had gone for Moyes instead of Benitez, would you have gone to the match then? He also called us a small club with his knife to a gunfight comment, sacked us off for Man Utd, then tried to poach our best players. In my eyes, he's worse!

giphy.gif

As someone who supports the team and doesn't want Benitez here I don't agree. It depends who we play , the manner of the defeat , team selection and tactics.
So if we go to Man U with a sensible team selection and plan and that doesn't work I can't see anyone criticising the manager.
However if we play Norwich at home and set up with 5 at the back and deliberately don't select creative options on the bench ie James and fail to break them down / lose then he would get justified criticism.
Fully agree. You could feel the knives sharpening on Monday until the crazy 6 mins. Home loss to Burnley definitely not acceptable. The Derby will a tricky one. They score first and bang in a few then start with Benitez chants it could become toxic.

He's giving the doubters absolutely nothing to work with. The two players he signed for free prity much are bossing our games scoring and assisting in all of them. And his in-game management has won us a few games from losing positions. Every sub making an impact. Every formation change and tactical change has worked. Unbeaten.

'Yeah but we only scored 3 goals in 7 minutes, doesn't count' ... that's the type of shouts he has reduced them to.

He's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.