2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said listen lads Carlo is a fraud and I know his disgusting style still lingers within you but if you don’t comeback and win this game then Tom Davies is starting next week

And yes I was there
And he then gave them some halftime paella

I didn't realise Benitez played today. Well done to the players.
I dont recognise him as anything other than some fat mess that turns up at training during the week, and sits on the dugout on matchdays.

He's no manager in my eyes.
If it wasn't for richie today with his goal and assist. Thank god he has been away for the last 6 weeks.

Looked like we hadnt been coached 1st half and/or he hadnt watched us play before.

The Keane / Holgate right to left switch was unnecessary as we'd seen all last season Keane cant play left side...should have been from the start.

Gray swap with Richarlison should have been from the start as well (as many posters said in the match thread).

2nd half pushed Doucoure as (Ancelotti had done) to patrol in front of the right side defence and drive forward.

Got the players to play with alot more confidence and tenacity 2nd half...just like when we had Ferguson as manager.

Hopefully his tactics improve.

As far as playing style goes, this was definitely more adventurous than Allardyce had us playing, not the standard to compare him with but since most people were saying hes just Big Sam part 2, I do think this was much much better than that and more enjoyable to watch. Also the players seemed much more motivated and committed than we have seen in prior years, could just be because its the first game of the season so lets see if they can keep it up. Today was neither a great game nor a bad game, he met the expectations(besides starting Keane over Mina, would have been better off having Mina there from the get go imo) and now its onto the next game. I think its way too early judge him at this point, maybe after another 4-5 games

Looked like we hadnt been coached 1st half and/or he hadnt watched us play before.

The Keane / Holgate right to left switch was unnecessary as we'd seen all last season Keane cant play left side...should have been from the start.

Gray swap with Richarlison should have been from the start as well (as many posters said in the match thread).

2nd half pushed Doucoure as (Ancelotti had done) to patrol in front of the right side defence and drive forward.

Got the players to play with alot more confidence and tenacity 2nd half...just like when we had Ferguson as manager.

Hopefully his tactics improve.
Hopefully you'll take over from him when he leaves

No issues today really. Isolation stuff made the team choice quite straightforward.

Thought we were largely decent apart from a 20 min spell or so after we conceded which itself was just a pure individual error.

Nothing amazing, but it felt largely like the players knew their roles.

He's under a lot of scrutiny, understandably, but I'd say today made me feel a tiny bit reassured on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.