2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rondon situation is really baffling and troubling me, it's so strange and odd to see a player so blatantly useless get so many minutes. I don't know if I buy the argument that Rafael is committed to playing Rondon because of his ego... Really really weird stuff, I just don't get it at all. Rondon offers less than nothing no ego in the worst could blind Rafael from that.

It's exactly that.

I can understand criticism of him for zonal marking and subs on a game to game basis. And yes, Iwobi coming on and Rondon staying on the pitch, baffling.

But conversely in other games he's made tremendous substitutions and changed the game. So it's not like he constantly makes daft decisions in that area.

No, what is happening is a desperate attempt to scramble around and pin everything on Benitez. Like we haven't just had one of the most accomplished managers in world football before him have exactly the same problem with this bunch of mutants we charitably call footballers in an Everton shirt.

We're 8th after nine games with a squad that will exceed expectations if they finish top half - to be honest, with injuries to a few players it's a squad that'd be lucky to stay in the league altogether. Benitez has done fine so far. Watford, however, was a horrendous result and he bears some responsibility for it.

But the idea that he's the wrong manager because of it, that it happened because of him, neglecting 5+ years of being varying degrees of inept on and off the pitch, is ridiculous, and I can't take criticisms of him seriously because of it. You cannot name one manager in world football who'd get a tune out of this lot, not a single one, and I can prove it because we've just had objectively one of the best in the modern era - the current Real Madrid manager - and his record at home for us was manure as he sat there watching Josh Maja and Jebbison put us to the sword.

Benitez isn't the problem, the club is. Top to bottom. And the sooner people can get that into their head the better.
Who is trying to apportion all blame on him though? From what I've been reading, posters have commented on the cowardly players, have blamed the transfer situation and included blame of the board.

What the issue (at least on this thread is) that some posters refuse to apportion any blame whatsoever on benitez and blame literally anyone else they can (including the fans for not getting behind him which is ludicrous). It won't be long before some of them start blaming the length of the grass. And when the manager himself refuses to shoulder any of it, and actually throws our younger players under the bus by singling them out (gordon), he fully deserves criticism.

Who is trying to apportion all blame on him though? From what I've been reading, posters have commented on the cowardly players, have blamed the transfer situation and included blame of the board.

What the issue (at least on this thread is) that some posters refuse to apportion any blame whatsoever on benitez and blame literally anyone else they can (including the fans for not getting behind him which is ludicrous). It won't be long before some of them start blaming the length of the grass. And when the manager himself refuses to shoulder any of it, and actually throws our younger players under the bus by singling them out (gordon), he fully deserves criticism.

Every single person involved on Saturday deserves blame, players and manager. As far as the overall state of the club goes, one man in particular deserves all of the blame when you really get down to it.

100%

Listen 99% of fans worshipped the ground Ancelotti walked on for 18 months calling anyone who dared cricitice him a "bed wetter" so I think Evertonians are perfectly entitled to give their support for the current Everton manager after just 9 league games sat in 8th without being called "Benitez lovers".

Until the squad improves and expectations of the fans are more realistic to where we are as a club right now then fans are never going to be happy as we aint a Man City or Liverpool or even a Leicester who can win 4-5 games on the spin.

You don’t help yourself with the constant ridiculous straw man arguments. Ancelotti got lots of stick for his dour style of play and horrific results at home.
He did manage to get 59 points from a fairly dismal squad though, something we absolutely will not replicate this season.

Also, nobody is expecting us to be Man City. When we capitulate and concede 5 at home to a side that has just been promoted though - the manager is going to get some stick. Especially when his duff striker is somehow getting 90 minutes.

Every single person involved on Saturday deserves blame. As far as the overall state of the club goes, one man in particular deserves all of the blame when you really get down to it.
You're becoming obsessed mate.
We get it.
You don't like the owner.
Not good for your blood pressure all this pent up frustration.

This result is down to him.
But I don't believe it's unique to him - every Everton team post Moyes has been capable of this. It looks unique, conceding 4 goals after 75 minutes, but it could have happened under Martinez, Koeman, Silva or Ancelotti.
I still think he has the kind of stubborn character to sit through the abuse and the awful results and make the changes needed to the team profile.
By that I mean Townsend and Gray attitudes. Not Rondon.
Sorry, is this the David Moyes whose teams continually rolled over at Anfield, OT, Emirates etc. or is there another David Moyes?

Every single person involved on Saturday deserves blame, players and manager. As far as the overall state of the club goes, one man in particular deserves all of the blame when you really get down to it.
Everyone does deserve blame. But this is the benitez thread, so coming in here and acting surprised that benitez is being criticised is ridiculous.

Players have been getting slammed in their respective threads too, for a long time. People have been in here blaming him for things in his control, such as the tactics and game management, but that's not allowed apparently.

Sorry, is this the David Moyes whose teams continually rolled over at Anfield, OT, Emirates etc. or is there another David Moyes?

We did that before Moyes and since Moyes tbf. The wins at grounds without fans last season weren’t really the same challenge at all.

You don’t help yourself with the constant ridiculous straw man arguments. Ancelotti got lots of stick for his dour style of play and horrific results at home.
He did manage to get 59 points from a fairly dismal squad though, something we absolutely will not replicate this season.

Also, nobody is expecting us to be Man City. When we capitulate and concede 5 at home to a side that has just been promoted though - the manager is going to get some stick. Especially when his duff striker is somehow getting 90 minutes.

I'll be honest Im staying away from Everton social media for a while mate because its boring watching (and contributing tbf) the melting pot of frustrated fans ripping each other apart over a bloody manager who's been here 5 minutes whilst the club hasn't won a trophy in 26 years.

More to life than letting EFC/fellow Blues ruin your week/weekends with none stop negativity.

Everyone does deserve blame. But this is the benitez thread, so coming in here and acting surprised that benitez is being criticised is ridiculous.

Players have been getting slammed in their respective threads too, for a long time. People have been in here blaming him for things in his control, such as the tactics and game management, but that's not allowed apparently.

I’m not surprised at all, I agreed with your point that everyone deserves blame for Saturday including the manager as I stated.

Yes that's the one - well done for highlighting the one major deficiency in an 11 year tenure.
The same David Moyes who in 11 years barely ever suffered capitulations like on Saturday.

I’m not surprised at all, I agreed with your point that everyone deserves blame for Saturday including the manager as I stated.
It wasn't a comment at you, just generally about how people getting upset that he is being criticised for things in his own thread. (Was agreeing with your point in a round about way)

Status
Not open for further replies.