2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But are you going to disagree with the fact that we had many injuries last year and Ancelotti still had us fighting for Europe until the last day of the season?

Are you willing to state now that you think Benitez will equal or surpass that?

I don't think he will. I don't think he should get to use injuries as an excuse when it wasn't one most of you Benitez Backers would extend to Carlo.
Looking at our competition, squads and fixtures I expected us to finish 5th this season.

Id want him sacked if we were out of the top 6.

We have

Tottenham
City
Brentford
Liverpool
Arsenal
Palace
Chelsea
Leicester

Coming up before crimbo

That's when it will all kick off.

If he fails to get a result from one of Watford or Wolves we will be looking very shaky going into those.

This is why I also expected us to have 15pts from our 8 games. Then 24pts after 13 games.

Its not that were going to continue to pick up that level of pts over a season and smash the top 4, its because we have a lot of the harder games still to play.

We have to beat Watford and Wolves to remain on track and pickup another point from somewhere unexpected.

The dropped point against West Ham was unfortunate and could be blamed on injuries but we still need to get points on the board nontheless.

Looking at our competition, squads and fixtures I expected us to finish 5th this season.

No manager in the entirety of world football can get top 6 with our gutless loser players who go hiding whenever the going gets rough. I fully expect us to get trounced by Watford, Seamus and Lucas and all the other usual suspects will come out with the "not good enough, we have to do better." nonsense. Then performances will further collapse, Benitez will be sacked in March, and a new clueless idiot will be in the dugout to get sacked next season. Everton, aren't we?

Yes. I will judge him on that.

I don't want him building anything here. I just want him gone and someone else to do that work.

The injuries will just speed up the inevitable.
And the million dollar question is who?

We can't poach anyone in a job as we are screwed with FFP.

The list of out of work managers who would want to take us on isn't great at all.

This is why I also expected us to have 15pts from our 8 games. Then 24pts after 13 games.

Its not that were going to continue to pick up that level of pts over a season and smash the top 4, its because we have a lot of the harder games still to play.

We have to beat Watford and Wolves to remain on track and pickup another point from somewhere unexpected.

The dropped point against West Ham was unfortunate and could be blamed on injuries but we still need to get points on the board nontheless.
you expected us to climb five places, after the chaos of Carlo's departure, and no net spend.
and this with a manager you don't rate. Imagine where you think we would have finished with a 'good' manager, maybe dark horses for the title itself?

don’t you get bored of FM?

Hi mate, the cabbage head has virtually the same, like for like results as the football genius. That was taken over 90 games, a good sample size to make a comparison.
The question is why care? Does it increase Evertons points total? Solve the injury problems? Make Iwobi a decent footballer?

He has to set us up to take the game to Watford on Saturday. We need front foot football and none of that garbage, passive, park the bus rubbish we got on Sunday. Took us 25 mins to even try and make a tackle or get a foot on the ball.

Regardless of injuries this is the game where it could all start going horribly wrong for Benitez if we don’t win. We have a tough run of fixtures coming up and this is a must win. After watching them last week against Liverpool this should be a comfortable win they’re that bad.

Regardless of injuries this is the game where it could all start going horribly wrong for Benitez if we don’t win. We have a tough run of fixtures coming up and this is a must win. After watching them last week against Liverpool this should be a comfortable win they’re that bad.

If Richarlison is fit I fancy us to win this even with DCL + Doucoure out.

Wolves and Spurs however are different stories - losing Doucoure was absolutely massive we just have no pace in the middle to get up and down the pitch.

Reactions: JLW
We should still beat Watford, but Wolves away and Spurs are much more difficult games and Benitez will do well to get more than 4 points from those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.