2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you just have. 'we've got a better squad now with Gray and Townsend' etc. You are then using that uplift to then say, ' so he's in the same boat as Carlo'. No. Carlo spent £60m last year as opposed to RB's £1.7m, and had us in relegation form for the last six months. He also pulled off a number of very lucky wins playing the direst football I've ever seen.The football now is much much better, we are a point off top spot, and rather than getting behind him and the team all you're doing is working out ways for him to fail.

This time last year were were also in a very healthy position in the league, we were also still in the cup and the football was also nice. I wouldn't say the football this season has been any good anyway.

I know you love to choke down Iberian sausage but you don't need to leap to his defense at every oppurtunity.

Yes they did.

12th - 14 points behind
13th - 14 points behind
14th - 15 points behind
15th - 16 points behind

We were less points behind 4th (8)
Well fair enough I'd say 5- 11th would be the comp that have spent a bit. Keep relatively injury free. As in stuff like no injuries that keep our two strikers out at same time and ye 14th isn't a good showing. Finish relatively where we where last seson is OK unfortunetly, anything better is good. Europe would be boss.

This time last year were were also in a very healthy position in the league, we were also still in the cup and the football was also nice. I wouldn't say the football this season has been any good anyway.

I know you love to choke down Iberian sausage but you don't need to leap to his defense at every oppurtunity.
and you don't need to spend your whole time moaning about a manager who is doing a very good job.

I'd hate to be as negative as you in life. Must be awful.

Ha Ha ha. You think the club didn't know what was coming down the track?
I didn't say that.

Maybe that's what they were talking about here on the first day of pre-season?

benitez.jpeg

I used to enjoy this thread as there were occasionally a few entertaining and informed posts about things the manager was doing.

However, all we see now are two sets of extremely entrenched views and the same arguments raging on and on between them.

Whether you like him or not, Rafael is the manager and the club fully back him and won't be getting rid of him anytime soon.

It's time all on here accepted this and stopped fighting the battles of last summer over and over. It's not even a debate any more, it's two angry blokes shouting over a fence at each other.

Time to move on and make this thread entertaining again.

Personally, I find it highly entertaining, especially the civil war that takes place after every defeat.
As I've stated before, big thanks to Mosh for his strategic leadership, decision making and vision. GOT is a richer and more entertaining place for it.

I mean, in footie terms it's perhaps left something to be desired, but who is arsed about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.