2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the injuries we've got, I think there's a fair chance he'd have played at Villa and against Norwich

Thing is though, the team has been based on quick transitions and a compact shape (at the risk of over-simplifying it), I would doubt he would have been in the 1st XI on that basis

He'd have played every game as a sub or starter because managers love him

Mainly sub, I reckon, but he'd have been in, no doubt about it.

So we shouldn't be measured against our peers?

Interesting way of looking at things

The funny thing is if we finished 11th on 60 points the same clowns would suddenly 360 turn on that and claim he's taken the club backwards.

Basically whatever he does he cant win in the trolls eyes why would he as if he wins they look silly. For them to look right on the internet Benitez and Everton must fail which I haven't understood from day one why they want us to fail if they supposedly are EFC fans??

The funny thing is if we finished 11th on 60 points the same clowns would suddenly 360 turn on that and claim he's taken the club backwards.

Basically whatever he does he cant win in the trolls eyes why would he as if he wins they look silly. For them to look right on the internet Benitez and Everton must fail which I haven't understood from day one why they want us to fail if they supposedly are EFC fans??
As if I care what I look like on the Internet.
Grow up mate, we all have different ways of interfacing with the Club we love, and I'm certainly not going to be bullied into following yours.

Football's not like that anymore. Breaking into the elite has never been harder due to the money in the game. There's nothing wrong with ambition but if it's not tempered by realism you end up changing manager every 18 months.
It’s possible to push for top 6 if the club gets its act together in terms of recruitment and has a bit of patience with the manager. Top 4 will always be very difficult when you look at the spending power of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and even the RS.

My concern with Benitez is he will have to perform very well to maintain the good will of the fans. I think most people will be patient though, as long as there are tangible signs the team is going in the right direction. Sorting some of the deficiencies in the squad in January would be a good start if the finances are there.

It’s possible to push for top 6 if the club gets its act together in terms of recruitment and has a bit of patience with the manager. Top 4 will always be very difficult when you look at the spending power of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and even the RS.

My concern with Benitez is he will have to perform very well to maintain the good will of the fans. I think most people will be patient though, as long as there are tangible signs the team is going in the right direction. Sorting some of the deficiencies in the squad in January would be a good start if the finances are there.

I said when he was appointed obviously he'll have less goodwill than others however 95% of our fans are just sick of chopping and changing manager every 12-18 months and want a period of stability.

Providing he has us around the top half he'll be welcomed by most. You'll always have the man and his dog against him regardless of what he does so I dont think that element should be taken seriously - the minority always shout the loudest.

Status
Not open for further replies.