2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha I thought he was encouraging crosses into the box from the wingers. I thought that was his whole ethos. I think you may have mis-read his philosophy. It’s like work if someone tells you to do this and you do that, you usually get told to do it their way. Anyway my point is you cannot micro manage footballers like robots that you elude to, it is not that simple.

….Gray has said he’s being encouraged to take up central positions. It makes complete sense, especially when the ball is on the other side. Richarlison does it naturally when he plays wide. i’ve said it before on here for many years, there’s nothing better than seeing a winger get on the end of things in the box.

Benitez is a micro-manager. I heard one pro at the weekend saying they’d be looking to get out of his ear shot on the pitch as they would hate the constant stream of instructions. I’m not being critical, it’s not a particularly bad thing, its the way he is.

I found the ‘behind the scenes’ video on YouTube from the match quite interesting, the togetherness of the team and relationship the player seem to have with Benitez was interesting. Possibly selective editing but seemed to be a real unity with them all.
Players will respect a manager who puts in as much as he's asking others to put in. And Benitez has also tried to give just about everyone in the squad a chance - apart from that tedious Colombian balloon who needed punting for team spirit to be maintained.

This is a happy ship. I know there are the usual suspects who cant abide that reality, but it looks self-evident to me.

Players will respect a manager who puts in as much as he's asking others to put in. And Benitez has also tried to give just about everyone in the squad a chance - apart from that tedious Colombian balloon who needed punting for team spirit to be maintained.

This is a happy ship. I know there are the usual suspects who cant abide that reality, but it looks self-evident to me.
Happy Everton is good Everton; remember Lukaku hugging Martinez on the touchline?

Lovely, just lovely.

Im not sure what point youre trying to make here.

Weve spent £1.7mil in transfer fees + agent fees + signing bonuses + wages.

At the same time there are profit and sustainability rules which its claimed are why the club cant spend money and why we need to move James on due to his wages...as well as others simply to get wages off the books.

While adding £300k approx in weekly wages and all the ofher transfer linked payments.

No idea what "game" youre suggesting im playing.

The fact is that Benitez has had a far chunk to spend...£300k a week is alot of money.

I wasn't literally accusing you of playing a game. It was just a figure of speech.

£300k a week for five players is not a lot of money, in the context of it not being backed up by money to spend on transfer fees.

You're saying "To simplify things for you as you dont seem to be able to grasp that, its the equivilent of paying £100k a week to 3 starting players such as a Right back, Right winger and centre midfielder."

Well, that's all well and good, but you forgot the bit about actually having to pay for these three 100k a week players. Or are you just saying there's three free agents we could have gotten instead?

…absolutely, I imagine DCL will be ideal for Benitez to manage. Richarlison is uncomplicated & I suspect Benitez is perfectly happy with how he plays. Benitez won’t stifle flair, he’ll welcome players who make a difference but he will be demanding & he will be down their ear.

Some players won’t like the constant it, especially if you’re playing full back or winger on the side of the dug out. I imagine the younger lads coming through will welcome working with Benitez & vice versa, not sure that would apply to Kean.
He also seems to have an ability to change things if it's not working which is something recent managers have stubbornly refused to do.. and since he arrived we've come back twice to win after going behind, something we only managed twice in the 60 previous games where we went behind.

Like don't get me wrong. We were in the bottom 3 on form for the second part last season. We were on a downward spiral and then we went and added 1.5 million to that in the summer and no James. I wasn't exactly thinking relegation but I had deep concerns. Outspent by 19 clubs massively after showing relegation form for the second half of the season.

After the friendly the relegation shouts where in abundance from the Benitez haters. We now find ours a point off top 6 games in. And all of a sudden it's 'ah we should be beating them teams'..... like even a good everton side would ever takes advantage of a good run of fixtures ever never minnd this one, like, you know that's unreasonable?

The cockwomblification is off the Richter.
giphy.gif

We got relegated in a friendly against united.

They'll see us in league 1 after this.
I have to be honest, I still have massive concerns over this group of players and I think we will finish in the bottom half, so anything above that I will consider to be a success.

It does appear that he is installing at least a bit of effort and discipline back in to the group, which was long, long overdue.

I have to be honest, I still have massive concerns over this group of players and I think we will finish in the bottom half, so anything above that I will consider to be a success.

It does appear that he is installing at least a bit of effort and discipline back in to the group, which was long, long overdue.
Probably since moyes. Its like Benitez remembers his duels with moyes in the city back in the day and says 'i know what this club needs'

I don’t think we’ll finish bottom half unless Richarlison and DCL get injured long term and we have to play Rondon regularly.

Real Madrid poached one the best managers in the game off us for getting this bunch into 10th.

That 10th side. The 9 clubs beneath us out spent us massively and the 9 clubs above us out spent us ridiculously.

Europe is expected? Get a hold of yourself. 10th again would be an achievement. Higher would be remarkable.

Based on reality. Not in lala land where you derive some self satisfaction by proclaiming you have higher ambition for our club than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.