2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In general we have not pulled up any trees with our displays and we have been fortunate with our early season opponents, however, we have won 4 out of 6 and that has to count for something. I think the big difference between this season and the latter part of last season is the addition of Townsend and Grey, both are having a great run of form. I was pleased when we signed Grey, as I saw him have some very good games with Leicester and he is still relatively young, Townsend has been a real surprise, I thought he was very much a squad filler, but, he has been an integral part of the team.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves though. We have really played nobody yet and even yesterday, for periods of the game, an abject Norwich side looked the better team. So, to summarize, Benitez is not the messiah, his results have been good, the football has, at times been poor and at times been exciting, certainly he is making a decent fist of the job up to now, but, it is early days yet. I still don’t like him, I never will like him, but, I will concede he is doing a lot better than I thought he would.

Still not forgiven him for the fact we are not facing lower league opposition for a place in the league cup QF though.

Generally speaking, the better the quality of the players, the less micro-management required. That's what Ancelotti couldn't seem able to grasp, and why ultimately Benitez' style of management suits us better in the short to medium-term. He is dealing with lots of players here that have limited ability and a limited footballing brain, no disrespect to them. They need to be told what ,when, and how for 90 minutes.

Yeah, this is correct. The players will also learn what Rafael wants on the pitch over time.

What I've enjoyed under Rafael is our attacking is quicker.

Although I do admire that he got a victory with a depleted side what made me smile most was in his post match interview talking about Dobbin's passion in training .
He could of brought on Simms ( which I thought he should of during the match ) but he brought on the youngster even though he doesn't have the experience of Simms because he wanted it more . You gotta admire that . Grudgingly .

Yeah lad all the top clubs have been falling over themselves to secure his services these last 5 years while he’s been in semi retirement in China eh ?
Napoli, Valencia would welcome him back in a heartbeat. If Jurgen weren't at Liverpool - some Liverpool fans would welcome him back as well. He didn't go to China as a semi-retirement - he went for the challenge/project, to build a team that can compete. He will do that at Everton and is not afraid letting players go if they don't fit. At Liverpool he signed Morientes , everyone was exited, however Morientes did not gel with the team and Rafael sold him. Peter Crouch did not score for about 20/30 matches, however Rafael continued playing him because of what he brought to the team and Crouch eventually started scoring.

Can anybody, I mean anybody that's anti Benitez make some sense. Please. Just a bit. Just say something that you can't flick away once you have stopped laughing.

Head cases to a man.

Irrationally holding onto hate is an unbalanced unreasonable mindset. I get it. But just hide it a bit and pretend. Try act a bit sane.
But I'm an Evertonian . It's my right to not act sane .

Although I do admire that he got a victory with a depleted side what made me smile most was in his post match interview talking about Dobbin's passion in training .
He could of brought on Simms ( which I thought he should of during the match ) but he brought on the youngster even though he doesn't have the experience of Simms because he wanted it more . You gotta admire that . Grudgingly .
I bet you were self-flagellating as you typed that, yeah?

Our squad is poor, we have no strikers but apparently we should only be happy when we beat Man u who is miles ahead of our team. I'm confused.

Think that was the Villa game who incidentally tore us a new one.

Utd fixture has been given out as marker as the end of the easiest run of opening fixtures I've known.

Think that was the Villa game who incidentally tore us a new one.

Utd fixture has been given out as marker as the end of the easiest run of opening fixtures I've known.
Before the season started I would have agreed they looked relatively easy but Southampton drew at City, Burnley drew with (and came very close to beating) Leicester and Brighton have won every game apart from losing to us at their place and will go top of the table if they beat Palace tomorrow.

Before the season started I would have agreed they looked relatively easy but Southampton drew at City, Burnley drew with (and came very close to beating) Leicester and Brighton have won every game apart from losing to us at their place and will go top of the table if they beat Palace tomorrow.
The majority will lower end finish... We huffed and puffed against favourites for relegation yesterday.

We've beaten who we should be beating. We now have fun of fixtures that the manager and his "astounding" signings can be fully judged.

Without the distractions of one of the cups I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.