2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t want him. Not because he’s ex RS or some post match sour grapes, but because I thought he was yesterday’s man.

That said, I’d rather him than NES or Moyes and given the tight situation we’re in with financial fairplay & so many overpaid deadbeats, I think he’s the best we could have got and think he’s doing a good job so far.

I am pretty pleased with how he’s doing, on the whole.

One thing that’s just begun to irk me over the last week or so, though, is his continuing insistence that the fans ought to be happy because the players are putting effort in.

That doesn’t sit right with me. Don’t tell us what should make us happy. Just do it and make us happy.

It’s like when someone tells you they’re good at something. It shouldn’t require us being told, it should self-evidently be so.

I am pretty pleased with how he’s doing, on the whole.

One thing that’s just begun to irk me over the last week or so, though, is his continuing insistence that the fans ought to be happy because the players are putting effort in.

That doesn’t sit right with me. Don’t tell us what should make us happy. Just do it and make us happy.

It’s like when someone tells you they’re good at something. It shouldn’t require us being told, it should self-evidently be so.

The fans should be happy though.

We are 5th, 1 point off top, decimated by injuries yet are putting in a shift and actually scoring goals from open play and not playing for 1-0 wins from set pieces every week like last season.

Its the managers way of saying "the lads are doing what they can so pipe down you on twitter".

If fans aint happy now they literally wont be all season as we all know we'll be lucky to finish anywhere near 5th come the end of the season.

Mad that the Rafael cult dont think that Everton fans are happy when Everton win.

Must have missed the Rafael the gaffer songs at Goodison today, maybe they sang them when I went the bog.
I dono. They come on down play each performances. Act like everyone we play have been no marks even if they go on to beat united and other big sides. Perform mental gymnastics to down play the points total after 6 games. Spend time saying we may lose our next. Its not going to last. Sack the manager.

If that's a happy evertonian. I dont wanna see a sad one.

Take a look at some of the posts on here at HT.

Unreal. Nearly crying because we were ahead.
I dono. They come on down play each performances. Act like everyone we play have been no marks even if they go on to beat united and other big sides. Perform mental gymnastics to down play the points total after 6 games. Spend time saying we may lose our next. Its not going to last. Sack the manager.

If that's a happy evertonian. I dont wanna see a sad one.
I cant speak for them, I know that im happy, Everton winning could never make me unhappy.

As I said at the start, if he does well, I win.

The fans should be happy though.

We are 5th, 1 point off top, decimated by injuries yet are putting in a shift and actually scoring goals from open play and not playing for 1-0 wins from set pieces every week like last season.

Its the managers way of saying "the lads are doing what they can so pipe down you on twitter".

If fans aint happy now they literally wont be all season as we all know we'll be lucky to finish anywhere near 5th come the end of the season.
I don’t think you’ve understood my point at all.

I am happy with where we’re at, considering how I felt before the season started.

I don’t want to be told I should be happy by you or the manager.

Why does every issue have to get so polarised?

Of course we're all delighted to get the points and delighted we're right up there at the top (as we were last year). But seriously, are we really pleased with the performances? Can't we be a bit sceptical? Benitez's refusal to sub Rondon today worries me when the story is that he doesn't suffer lack of performance. I've been let down so often over the years that I'd rather wait considerably longer before I fully back him.

Not having this "anti-Everton" narrative because of a bit of scepticism. It's simply not true!

Of course we're all delighted to get the points and delighted we're right up there at the top (as we were last year). But seriously, are we really pleased with the performances? Can't we be a bit sceptical? Benitez's refusal to sub Rondon today worries me when the story is that he doesn't suffer lack of performance. I've been let down so often over the years that I'd rather wait considerably longer before I fully back him.

Not having this "anti-Everton" narrative because of a bit of scepticism. It's simply not true!
Not sure how you can pull apart performances with our 3 best players missing.

100%.

I’m pleased with the start, there’s lots to like - but it’s not perfect.

I think that’s a measured opinion. But if you express a point of view on anything regarding Benitez that’s even remotely negative, the frothing zealots are out in force.

He’s not the second coming. He’s not the best manager in the world. But he’s started pretty well on the whole, and I’m curious to see where he can take us.

I cant speak for them, I know that im happy, Everton winning could never make me unhappy.

As I said at the start, if he does well, I win.
Amazing how people can't get their tiny little minds around the notion of being pleased with a win but still disliking the manager. He could win every game between now and the day i shuffle off, aint gonna change my opinion of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.