2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was

Longeran might have done better with them, who knows, but his hands were kind of tied with that selection

If he'd rested Pickford then you could make the argument that his team selection was at fault. He didn't have Pickford to choose from though, so it's pretty unfair to clobber him for it IMO
Need Pickford back in double quick time.
Talking of which not so long back loads wanted him gone. Like Greaves used to say, "funny old game"

And we sold Jamo Rodriguez yesterday and half the fan base gave it a round of applause.

Talk about a race to the bottom mate.
Substantially more than half, I'd say.

But how is it a race to the bottom when the player made everyone believe he didn't wish to play for Everton and he wasn't all that in any case.

Six goal contribution. Townsend and Gray will both suroass that by the end of autumn.

There's some amount of BS being talked about the quality of James.

45 points is the most he's managed in the last 3 seasons as a manager
Carlo must be a miracle worker to have achieved 59pts with virtually the same players
We have an appalling set of players mentality speaking and not much better in terms of quality.

We have to be humble enough to accept that and realise that we have to reach certain staging posts like 40-45 points and then build from that and see if we can get 60-65 points.

The test for Everton is beating those teams you should be beating. Like Norwich for instance. Last time out they did us don't forget.

Oh I agree we've in the past struggled against the teams we should be, on paper beating but, we're being told we're playing better footy under Benitez, Benitez is a great manager, we're working harder under him, players playing for each other and the mentality of the team is better. Therefore for me the test of all that will be against the better teams.

Oh I agree we've in the past struggled against the teams we should be, on paper beating but, we're being told we're playing better footy under Benitez, Benitez is a great manager, we're working harder under him, players playing for each other and the mentality of the team is better. Therefore for me the test of all that will be against the better teams.
Is Benitez a great manager? I would agree at Valencia, maybe at Liverpool, maybe at Chelsea, not really sure I would agree at Newcastle, Napoli, nor Inter, nor in China.

Yeah and if we beat Norwich it will be six

4+1+1 = 6

And QPR didn't "tonk" us

We lost on pens because Begovic is crap. There's a difference

Benitez wasn't my pick and I'm hardly his biggest fan, but fair is fair. 13 points from our first 6 PL games isn't a bad start, and to say otherwise is just plain ridiculous
You are correct that Begovic made a major contribution to the defeat, but if that is true why did the manager recruit him as backup to Pickford?
Don't think Brands had anything to do with bringing him here, and I suspect that Benitez has the final say on transfers now
Having said that I like what Gray has done so far and to a lesser degree Townsend.
Rondon must be a joke signing

He's done nothing of note for yonks mate but supposedly he's a boss manager who will sort us out.
It's seems very subjective, when assessing the performance of a manager. Unless we know what the targets are, it's a waste of time. To be knocked out away v QPR seems criminal to me, but if the board are not bothered, maybe the manager is not concerned?

He's done nothing of note for yonks mate but supposedly he's a boss manager who will sort us out.
if you go onto newxastleonline and post that, you will be mauled to death by a thousand howling geordies. Now you can say 'nobody in Newcastle understands football' but that would be a bit daft. People generally cotton on after a while whether the manager is any good.

if you go onto newxastleonline and post that, you will be mauled to death by a thousand howling geordies. Now you can say 'nobody in Newcastle understands football' but that would be a bit daft. People generally cotton on after a while whether the manager is any good.

To be fair mate they're the same Geordie fans who for some reason love the RS yet hate us, even before Benitez signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.