2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, he’s only the second manager, along with Allardyce, that I haven’t felt one bit of sympathy for when they have got to the ‘dead man walking’ stage. A truly horrendous appointment and a man it is almost impossible to warm to.

This ego maniac was on a one man wrecking mission at the club, that’s not to say that I thought he was deliberately running us into the ground, just that he is so firmly entrenched in the past and has such a massive ego, that he was convinced that if he kept doing what was so obviously wrong, it would somehow, miraculously become right.

He is an arrogant stubborn sneering bell, I sincerely hope that he is gone and that the club will announce it officially today or tomorrow, but, with the Iranian lunatic in the picture, nothing is ever certain.
Dead man walking Bobby Martinez was an awful feeling tbh. After the high of 13/14, it was a bit sad to see what it go to. Yet even Bobby brown shoes never got us in this position.

They’re not a great list by any means.

I’d have any of them over Benitez.

Also no idea why out of those 4, Rooney got the laughing emoji
I agree . Any manager who can get a performance out of that old carthorse Curtis can't be that bad. Davies looks like Kevin Ratcliffe compared to Keane's " performance " yesterday .

You know what, he’s only the second manager, along with Allardyce, that I haven’t felt one bit of sympathy for when they have got to the ‘dead man walking’ stage. A truly horrendous appointment and a man it is almost impossible to warm to.

This ego maniac was on a one man wrecking mission at the club, that’s not to say that I thought he was deliberately running us into the ground, just that he is so firmly entrenched in the past and has such a massive ego, that he was convinced that if he kept doing what was so obviously wrong, it would somehow, miraculously become right.

He is an arrogant stubborn sneering bell, I sincerely hope that he is gone and that the club will announce it officially today or tomorrow, but, with the Iranian lunatic in the picture, nothing is ever certain.
I had infinitely more sympathy for Allardyce. Couldn’t stand him as a person and wanted him gone, but he at least did the job he was hired to do.

We can't even sack a manager properly ffs. This will no doubt take until Monday now. They probably told him that it was basically over after yesterday's result but still felt the need to have him come in today and have some laughably prolonged discussion under the the misguided notion that they're doing things "the right way" (less then a week after they put out that embarrassing statement regarding Digne leaving) then officially announce his sacking early on Monday. Pure incompetence and self-indulgence masquerading as a dignified way of doing business. We're run by utter idiots.

On a human level, watching this, I feel bad for the man. He's clearly had a phone call before this presser to tell him he's done at the club and he's just being professional going ahead with it. You can see it in his face when he talks about the future as if he's still going to be here. But it's the right call to sack him even if the dressing room is a mess

There was nearly a 15 minute break between his presser and Dean Smiths. Which usually means you're done. The rumour is Kenwright demanded his sacking straight after the match. Moshiri is here this week, I believe he arrived on Thursday. A lot of ITKs said on Thursday with Moshiri down that this would probably be Rafas last match.

Status
Not open for further replies.