2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'best chance' would have been booting this blert around the time Spurs booted Nuno when it was clear as day it was never ever going to work. Long way to go yet, but very real possibility we might have to go to Arsenal on the last day of the season and get something.

And if there's one club we typically don't do well against.......

the team played correctly is good enough

The boards job is not to cater to the whims of fans or make press releases, it's to make sure things are done properly in accordance with the institution they represent. It's 100% possible Rafael has been told he's fired, and the board are simply making sure everything is in order before an official announcement is made. That's how professional organisations work.

Again, we don't know the details of the contract, we don't know the complexities (but I assure you, it's not as simple as yelling "yer sacked!"). For all we know Moshiri may want to meet with Benitez in person - he is/was his man after all, his choice, and may want to do it man-to-man. There may be no severance clause in the contract, in which case Benitez may want his lawyers to go through it all first. There will be a number of people involved, either way. The board are under no obligation to rush out a press release at 11.45pm to satisfy fans, internet or not. Let's see what transpires tomorrow.
That's what the board do, try to balance running a club well while keeping the fans happy. The fans are the club. The fans equal money. The fans are the business. Who do you think tells the press team to release stories etc btw? The board...

Yeah but either way it really is as simple as saying "yer sacked" and his solicitors can do as they please after that fact but ultimately it won't be him in the dig out anymore come Villa if this is the case.

Clauses and everything else get sorted out after the fact. Why would you sort that all out before sacking someone? All of those things come about BECAUSE someone gets sacked not because they're potentially going to be.

He might be a bit of a.smug.git too but he was a great player , superb manager and although a lot us don't like him you can't argue with what he did for the city after Hillsborough .
I know who deserves my respect and who gets my middle finger .
Yeah, I still think the job he did rebuilding the mess left behind by, erm, Benitez, is quite underrated. Two cup finals in one season anarl.

The most bizarre appointment of a manager I've ever seen going to watch everton over the years, thought ok be open minded but uncomfortable . Yes the squad is a mess before he turns up .but come on all you want is solidarity when manager after manager balls up so someone at the top goes let's get a manager who called us a small club take charge who caused havoc everywhere he went.a mate of mine sorry a kopite said they were all arguing with each other about him when in charge. He's an absolute tosser good riddance.

Think there will be a few rewriting history like Prentice and O'Keefe who were all on the benitez train
I sometimes quite enjoy listening to Prentice, othertimes can't stand that his "blind half glass full" mantra goes into absurdity. I swear that man could find a reason to support Pol Pot if he was the manager. I'm amazed the club doesn't have him on staff in the PR department.

The most bizarre appointment of a manager I've ever seen going to watch everton over the years, thought ok be open minded but uncomfortable . Yes the squad is a mess before he turns up .but come on all you want is solidarity when manager after manager balls up so someone at the top goes let's get a manager who called us a small club take charge who caused havoc everywhere he went.a mate of mine sorry a kopite said they were all arguing with each other about him when in charge. He's an absolute tosser good riddance.

all the ones who wanted him and still wanted him to stay must feel like right bells

Yeah perhaps. I'm just saying I'm not sure I'm 100% sold on the "EFC love affair" story when another club were willing to put a contract in front of him (probably his last big one, probably not for a pay decrease). It's a good sound bite, but is it really entirely true? At least we got a decent fee. Not often we can say that these last few years.

I wouldn’t take the “ love affair” words literally . He’s French , they’re a fit dramatic aren’t they … English translation probably means he liked it here or was happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.