2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Some, or more, of our fans expected him to failfrom day one, for many reasons.
The job at hand needed someone who would galvanise the supporters, not create a bigger rift than DK.
He is a has been on the football circuit for some time, not exactly progressive, coming 7th out of 8 in the Chinese league. The Chinese league ?.
His career is well documented to be riddled with confrontation, arrogance, an unwillingness to change or listen boardering on despotic. Despite what some on these boards claim, this isn't 'what we needed'. Yes as a club we are an absolute basket case, but adding in another would never work, ever.
We need what Brands was brought in to do, create an identity, and to do it wholesale, not bits here and there, be over ruled or parts of the job given to Kenwright or whoever.
We all want Everton to succeed. Don't get into the business of blaming Evertonians for an inevitable car crash.
Great post.

I haven't commented since the end of the game because I needed to calm down and do something else

Today has to mark the end of Benitez as manager if the club are to ever maintain any level of standards. The fact that it has got to this stage is just completely baffling in my mind, but there is no longer any excuse, any credible mitigation, or any credible argument for more time. If the board do not act decisively this weekend then they are being negligent in their duties to ensure the welfare of the club.

I'm scared however that this board and this owner will not act. I'm scared what means for us as a club. I'm scared where we are going and I'm scared that the unthinkable will become an inevitability. We might scrape our way out of trouble this time, but I have no doubt the club will eventually be relegated under this manager, owner and board, unless decisive changes are made.

We need unity and a common purpose where everyone pulls in the one direction. We need a team who the fans respect and can identify with. We need to remove this toxic atmosphere that is ruining the enjoyment of football for everyone who follows. Changing the manager might well not change all of that overnight. But nothing will improve until we change the manager.

Act Now

Benitez OUT
Perfectly worded.

Status
Not open for further replies.