2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon’s interview must be annoying. Going on about how humble Benitez is, how much he’s improved his game, how hard he’s working to improve all the players at the club, how close he is to the players.

Coming from one of our best players this season as well. How come he can get on board with the manager’s methods but others can’t or won’t?

Players praising the manager that picks the team? What a surprise!

Gordon’s interview must be annoying. Going on about how humble Benitez is, how much he’s improved his game, how hard he’s working to improve all the players at the club, how close he is to the players.

Coming from one of our best players this season as well. How come he can get on board with the manager’s methods but others can’t or won’t?

I’ll tell you what is annoying though. 9 points from 14 games and a cup exit to a lower league team.

He is paid to.

If you are making a dig at digne with this, it's all conjecture as digne hasn't come out and said anything.

But do you think a young player trying to prove themselves is going to come out against a manager and torpedo any chance they have to play?

Seem to be releasing lots of interviews from the youth players as branthwaite has done one recently.

Last edited:

Four months is nothing. He does not work with Kroos, Modric, etc., who mostly find solutions to problems themselves, and who are superior in skills than their opponents. Enough has been said about the players in the squad, but I do not think there are many who would miss any of the players if they were sold. Although there is suddenly a "cry me a river" mood over Digne at the moment.

It is obvious that we have performed far below expectations, and he is starting to run out of time. That is the problem with being a manager. Should I make it safe so that we get a perfectly ok position, keep everyone happy, and not make the changes needed, or should I step on some toes, make changes required, but risk getting fired myself?

Brands was obviously a man who had no principles, and who did not live or die with his ideas, but who instead just obeyed. Benitez, on the other hand, is obsessed and will not spare anyone. For my part, I want such a type in the club, not one who strokes the players' hair, and who is afraid of his own position.
He’s a fecking shambles mate, the football is horrendous, the results are dire, his team selection is questionable. What on earth that debacle on Sunday was about, god alone knows. Never mind, he hasn’t got the players he needs to play the way he wants to. He’s being paid millions a year to manage the players he has. A manager has to adapt his system to suit the abilities of the players he has, not just lose week after week and say it will all be ok in the second half of the season.

If, as is being said, it’s not fair to expect him to win games until he has his own players in, is it fair for him to accept his massive salary check until then while he is inflicting this rubbish on us? By the way, the days of the school bully type manager are gone. Working with these modern day pampered prima donnas , who are all multi millionaires, a manager has to develop a bit more than being a manager who will not spare anyone. They will just hang him out to dry. With Benitez’ stubbornness and the self entitlement of the players, all that style achieves is conflict and that is detrimental to the club.

He got away with that style of management 15 years ago, but, today maybe he needs to stroke their hair a little, as you call it, now and again.

What do you expect him to say? He's a kid who barely got any time under Carlo, is starting to get games under Rafael and in all likelihood is going to have the next couple of years of his future shaped by this guy. Maybe everything AG said is true for him, but it sounds exactly like the sort of thing you expect all breakthrough players to say about the manager who is finally giving them games. It's good PR. He wont rock the boat, but I take it with a pinch of salt.

I'd love to know how many players in the past have given interviews in the press saying "yeah the manager is crap, we haven't got a clue what we're doing, I'm not learning anything" etc. The idea that only he is getting onboard with Rafael but everyone else has consciously decided to do the opposite is laughable to me.

We do not know the basis for why he chose to make those choices. It is possible that Godfrey needed rest, and they would not risk anything. Or that Godfrey himself said he was not ready for 90 minutes. Or that he had found out that his lady had been lying with another guy behind his back. When it comes to Digne, it is rarely very motivating for other players to prioritize using a player who wants to get away from the club. The point is that we do not know the basis for the decision. There are many factors that affect players and managers.

In football, there are a lot of coincidences, especially when you are a team between 8 - 14 place on the table. Small things can make a big difference. The problem with last year was that we did not plan for the future. Signings like JR and Allan were not very forward-looking, and contributed to us having to tighten our finances. We gambled on Europe, but failed. Ancelotti did the best he could, but he was never the right man for a club like Everton. Being only results-oriented is not developmental. We also got worse and worse under Ancelotti on all parameters, which is typical of Ancelotti teams. It is possible we are struggling with the aftermath of this, maybe the players are too poorly trained, which was also suggested last year when we read some of the statistics.
we are 15th... probably lower by the end of Jan.

So Coleman played as Digne couldn't be arsed and Godfrey's missus has been playing away.

One bag of whatever you have been snorting thanks x

When did DCL come back? How long has richarlison been injured? Mina? Two of them are the main goal scorers , and one is our best defensive option. Not even counting other injuries we had or are still injured ...Gomes, Townsend, Pickford for a while, Delph etc.
for a while...

If you look at the injuries we only has a couple of players missing each game. Stop worshiping fat benny.

Bingham. Lee. Kendall, when we were in 18th position in Jan 1984.

The point being that maybe people need to think more than what happened last week or will this week. Success and failure are often fine margins.

But as for being an awful fit for the club, I might agree. Given it’s performance over the last 20 odd years and the sheer toxicity of many supporters I’m curious as to who we think would be a great fit for the club and it’s fans? At the moment I’d say Bernard Manning. Yes I know he’s dead but that’s a detail.
I find it weird that, again, the older crowd who has seen success and titles won is throwing out "the sheer toxicity of many supporters" who, for many, have a high point with a CL qualifier against Villareal as the best thing they have ever seen in their Everton supporting lives. Here's an idea, maybe stop blaming other supporters and start looking at the root cause. Maybe the happy clapping for Blue Bill wasn't the best idea? Maybe sitting there and yelling at others for being upset at the way things have been for almost 3 decades isn't the best idea? Maybe, just MAYBE, TRY to put yourself in the shoes of those who have seen Everton go from 'plucky underdog' to an absolute irrelevance in the last decade? You lot had your Mersey Millionaires. We've had "Where's the Arteta money".

No, obviously, you lot who have seen Everton win things on a pretty constant basis are in the right. What am I POSSIBLY thinking.

It’s a matter of fact and it doesn’t make people fanboys. We have a lousy squad beset with injuries. It has reduced in quality since last year through having a negative spend in the summer.

If you cant give a have a balanced opinion of the crisis we have faced as a club, your opinion on Benitez is also devalued. I place you in the Donald Trump, Q Anon bracket.

So with pretty much the "lousy squad" we finished 10th last year. Now with almost the same team we are in relegation form.

The biggest crisis here is "blues" that think fat benny is the way forward.

Also just based of the poll here, you are in the minority.... tinfoil hat brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.