2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fully behind the team David. Do I need to quote you from Sunday saying you wanted us to lose tonight? Because that's what you said. I don't want Everton to lose any game. So don't you dare try and turn that on me.

I don't think he's lost the players. I don't think he even had to lose Digne. Benitez is just an egomaniac who can't accept criticism, it's why he's failed in the last 7 years. And Digne is ill. As are Gray and Rondon and Delph. So you know, why in the world Benitez had to paint Digne out as being a bad guy for saying he was ill when games are literally getting postponed left, right and centre is beyond me. He's just an idiot when it comes to man management.

We haven't been getting the trade off in terms of results or tactics recently. He has been attrocious. Tonight, from the 30/35th min on, he got it right and I will credit him for that. The players started to be aggressive, they didn't just wait and sit in a shape to be rolled over at will and have their tummies tickled, but they also didn't go rushing out like madmen like they did against Liverpool.

But don't you dare say I don't support this team. I've been alive for one trophy win, and I was two months old. You were saying four days ago that you wanted us to lose tonight's match.
So you wont get behind the Benitez led team.

That's all you needed to say.

It won’t be the big 6 we need to take points off to get out of this mess. It’s the teams around us who are turning us over.
That's true. The form against teams at that level - OUR level - is pathetic. That's all down to mentality and not being professional.

It's all about pressing sensibly.

Dobbin was great at it but the real pressing we did was in our own final third.

If you look v Palace, all we did was sit and let them pass right up to our box. We did that today too at the start. We were in a shape but the shape wasn't stopping them because we were not being aggressive when the ball came into our territory. But after that Mount chance they really stepped up in that regard. Branthwaite and Keane in particular were excellent in the second half because they got to things first.

I honeslty thought BT once Dobbin came on we pushed far far higher up the pitch.

The 1st involvement he had he pressed, Gordon suddenly pressed, Godfrey suddenly pressed and we won the ball for the 1st time in their half and turned over possession. We done that about 4-5 times.

It just takes one to then get others to do it Toff, it starts from the front and others then follow and then suddenly we are 10 yards further up the pitch ( last 10 obviously we went a bit deep and then like you said Keane and Branthwaite are aggressively pressing but outside the box )

Maybe I should post the league table then that has us 8 points above the relegation zone after our worst ever run of form as evidence that we’re probably not going down.

Kin hell. I'll get the bunting up and french fancies out.
Just above the relegation zone. We dont know how lucky we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.