2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% - getting battered is understandable, the players not turning up is understandable, hell the injury list is understandable but for most of that second half they were well in that game and yet he refused to do anything. It could well have been (certainly it looked like) him making a point about not having resources, and the board should have reacted by sacking him for doing it.
I like it?

Out of curiosity if you owned the club....and Benitez went, with this current crop of cowards... Bare in mind that the majority of the players have seen off 4 managers.

Who would you bring in and what would be your vision for the club?
If I'd hired a dof, and promoted him to the board, I'd expect him to have a shortlist of attainable managers who's careers are on the up - not regressive types like what we've got.

The Kenwright board meeting is an intriguing one

Am I right in thinking that the Silva sacking was something pressed on Moshiri by the board rather than one he entered into willingly?

If so it could be Kenwright that pulls the trigger, assuming it isn’t Brands that’s sacked first. Rendering the text message exchange moot.

My doubts about sacking Brands now stem from the fact that it wouldn’t automatically mean that results would pick up and they’d still then be likely forced into another firing a week or 2 later?
I read on the BBC (via Mirror) that Kenwirght had called a meeting. I also head the same thing a week or two earlier, so I have no idea how true it is. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it wont (as far as I read in the paper, Moshiri is out of the country til Monday). If Rafael is still here next week, I'm sure "journalists" (lose term) will be saying more meetings are planned/called.

I have zero knowledge as to whose decision it was to sack Silva, be it individual or collective, but I have a hard time seeing Brands being sacked. He's Moshiri's man. Moshiri put him on the board (how many other DOFs can say that), gave him a pay-rise/new contract and has wasted a lot of his money, as best we can tell from who did what transfer - which may be guess work. Unless Moshiri pulls rank as majority shareholder, wouldn't Brands have to vote on his own sacking?!?! Only at Everton could that happen.

Right now, I think Brands and Kenwright are safe - hell, Moshiri put them there, and Rafael is just a "football manager". He's sacked a few before, Rafael wont be the last. My guess is Rafael's contract is in line with most Prem managers, so compensation will probably be minimum amount (whether that's 1 year 1 payment, or monthly as per normal until other employment is taken).

Just my personal opinion, can't claim to know what will happen, other than this is a results business and a £500m investment ending up in the second tier must surely be unthinkable for Moshiri.

I read on the BBC (via Mirror) that Kenwirght had called a meeting. I also head the same thing a week or two earlier, so I have no idea how true it is. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it wont (as far as I read in the paper, Moshiri is out of the country til Monday). If Rafael is still here next week, I'm sure "journalists" (lose term) will be saying more meetings are planned/called.

I have zero knowledge as to whose decision it was to sack Silva, be it individual or collective, but I have a hard time seeing Brands being sacked. He's Moshiri's man. Moshiri put him on the board (how many other DOFs can say that), gave him a pay-rise/new contract and has wasted a lot of his money, as best we can tell from who did what transfer - which may be guess work. Unless Moshiri pulls rank as majority shareholder, wouldn't Brands have to vote on his own sacking?!?! Only at Everton could that happen.

Right now, I think Brands and Kenwright are safe - hell, Moshiri put them there, and Rafael is just a "football manager". He's sacked a few before, Rafael wont be the last. My guess is Rafael's contract is in line with most Prem managers, so compensation will probably be minimum amount (whether that's 1 year 1 payment, or monthly as per normal until other employment is taken).

Just my personal opinion, can't claim to know what will happen, other than this is a results business and a £500m investment ending up in the second tier must surely be unthinkable for Moshiri.

There is obviously no smoke without fire. All the outlets seem to be reporting this but not one has anymore detail than that.

I think it must be happening, I for one would love to know what the agenda is...

There is obviously no smoke without fire. All the outlets seem to be reporting this but not one has anymore detail than that.

I think it must be happening, I for one would love to know what the agenda is...
Maybe, maybe not. I'm certainly no more clued in on these matters than anyone else. I would like to *THINK* Kenwright has called a meeting to discuss Rafael's future as his beloved club slides ever closer to relegation breaking worst-run-records with every passing week (plus of course, Brands was caught on video saying to the fan at the derby "do you think the players are the only problem?" or words to that affect). However, it's also any easy story for a "journalist" to come up with for clicks: "Everton not won a game in 43 years, board meeting called*..... (*despite the fact that Moshiri isn't even in the country and nor is Brands)". I read this supposed meeting is to take place on Monday, whether that's before or after the match, who knows, we'll see. Ultimately if Mosh-man wants to pull rank, I suppose he can.

@Davidoff....this is a forum so I suppose am just generating debate but you've not give me any idea to how the club should move forward?

Therefore your post is rendered pointless if you've got no idea on how the club should navigate his mini crisis
As I said - I'd lean on my dof, if he's suggesting the likes of Benitez I'd look for a different dof.

Status
Not open for further replies.