2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither, the point is, he is an employee like anyone else, he is not here to fail. I am still not saying he is who I want, I am just dismissing this childish "one last pay day" guff that people are spouting
He had his last pay day in China after walking out on his so-called beloved Newcastle for £12m a year. Then when that dried up, Moshiri came along and offered a pension top-up to the tune of about £8m a year, on a 3 year deal. There's no such thing as "fail" in football management regardless of what you 'hope' to achieve, only the difference between how frequently you receive your money.

He had his last pay day in China after walking out on his so-called beloved Newcastle for £12m a year. Then when that dried up, Moshiri came along and offered a pension top-up to the tune of about £8m a year, on a 3 year deal. There's no such thing as "fail" in football management regardless of what you 'hope' to achieve, only the difference between how frequently you receive your money.
He still wants to win things, doesn’t have the squad or ability I’m sure, but he wants to win

Apart from last year our record against Arsenal is catastrophic. Can’t see anything but an away win I am afraid. Will that seal his fate?

the last thing he wants is to go out on a low.
If walking away with 2.5 years @ ~£8m per year --depending on the terms of the contract of course-- was "going out on a low" I can only imagine what the "high" must be?!? (Knowing Moshiri, it'll probably be a stand named after him at BMD if we win the Cariboo Cup).

Dont fans think a manager should be given a minimum of three transfer windows and some proper funds before judging him, Koeman and Silva were both given time and funds before being shown the door. How can any manager be seriously judged before he has had a chance to bring in his own players and get the team playing his way.. at the moment Benitez has had no proper money, injuries to the only decent players in the squad and is being judged on players not good enough to carry out his tactics he wants to employ... don’t forget you can’t polish a turd as regards some of these players..

Dont fans think a manager should be given a minimum of three transfer windows and some proper funds before judging him, Koeman and Silva were both given time and funds before being shown the door. How can any manager be seriously judged before he has had a chance to bring in his own players and get the team playing his way.. at the moment Benitez has had no proper money, injuries to the only decent players in the squad and is being judged on players not good enough to carry out his tactics he wants to employ... don’t forget you can’t polish a turd as regards some of these players..

Its not hard to figure out, if the players cannot adapt to your tactics, adapt your tactics to suit the players at your disposal and buy yourself time to get one or two players in each window that will suit your vision.

Apart from last year our record against Arsenal is catastrophic. Can’t see anything but an away win I am afraid. Will that seal his fate?
I was personally of the opinion pre-derby that if the game was a hammering and total embarrassment, Moshiri would give Rafael 1 more game before axeing him, just so the media / narrative / history books don't forever say "liverpool got everton manager LFC-legend Rafael sacked". The 'buffer' of 1 more game just being enough to spare the club that extra grounds of mocking. Then he text Jim White. Now it wouldn't surprise me if Rafael is here on Boxing Day without a single point between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.