2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a good job first 6 weeks.
Then the injuries piled up and we sunk like a stone.

I'll judge him when or if he gets cash to spend and time to bed players in AND when the injured are back.

From the evidence of his managing when we had a full compliment of players he is easily good enough for this club.

Now, feel free to misinterpret / misrepresent all that...
I just want a yes or a no.

Is he still doing a good job so far?

it's based upon the fact he's a top manager, as his record indicates. Which tells me that once we get Mina and DCL back we will be fine. What we absolutely must not do is listen to people who were screaming for his head when we were top 4. They should not be listened to under any circumstances. they have no objectivity, they are just mindless loons that will plunge the club into disaster by insisting upon a change when we all know how risky that would be.
The issue here, Kev is that you are taking past achievements and trying to use them excuse current and recent failings.

Here is the record that needs most consideration at this point.

1638478991828.png

I 'turned on' Ancelotti at the end of the season - so that's a season and a half of evidence built up and judged. And I dont think I ever called for him to be sacked.

As for 6th/7th - that was on the basis of signngs and not anticipating the worst injury crisis in living memory.

I back managers. You and others dont. I concede that you lot are in the majority now - the majority of a fanbase that's forgotten how to give managers time to prove themselves. More's the pity.
You back them u til your turn on them like you did with Koeman, Silva and Allardyce.

Nothing to do with giving them time or money seeing as you wanted Allardyce out 3 months after he signed

well, youlll have to ask them They seem pretty pleased with his efforts from here.
yea, because he brought them straight back up, they had a whole season of winning in the championship and something to celebrate at the end.
Then he steadied the ship in the PL but didn't do much better than Bruce.
Geordies might be used to relegation but I don't want any part of that.

Wolves fans thought Nuno was great for doing the same. Spurs not so much.

What`s the beef with him?

He's the davek of comedy.
I 'turned on' Ancelotti at the end of the season - so that's a season and a half of evidence built up and judged. And I dont think I ever called for him to be sacked.

As for 6th/7th - that was on the basis of signngs and not anticipating the worst injury crisis in living memory.

I back managers. You and others dont. I concede that you lot are in the majority now - the majority of a fanbase that's forgotten how to give managers time to prove themselves. More's the pity.

You never backed Ancelotti or Koeman.

You've not backed Brands from day 0 either.

"The worst injury crisis on living memory"

lol lol lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.