2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We did with regard to a little boy Sunderland supporter who had a terminal illness. Kenwright paid all his medical expenses and the club did various things to help in his last months of life, if I recall correctly...
I Remember the boy. They hired a plane with a banner to fly over over the stadium of light: United against cancer, divided by leagues...

They really really really love Benitez too:

Hope Rafael and Rondon receive rapturous applause when they come here and Bruce gets booed every time he licks his lips. I hate Bruce so much that I can't find words. When Rafael was here I even forgot about Ashley for a while though I know that he is the one who's caused this demolition of my club

Just wish his return had been this year rather than next February. I think the decent fans who are left at St James would have lifted the roof with their songs for Rafael, and Bruce's face would be going an even deeper shade of purple as the rage and jealousy mounted.

Mind you, I do get the impression that there are huge gatherings of people clueless around football, who congregate at online football forums. It’s kind of ironic, and no forum I have yet visited seems to be free of the apparent cluelessness

Posted this in the transfer thread but sort of overlaps with this thread:

I think the reality is after Walsh/Brands waste of money these past few years + pandemic there was always going to come a summer of balancing the books.

We've gotten Bolasie, Walcott, Benard, Besic, Pennington, Baningme off the books with Siggurdson, Tosun, Delph & James to come at the end of this season.

Add in the changes to FFP from profit/loss to salary and luxury tax and I think the manager will be backed next summer.

Its why this season has always been a free hit for me in terms of what we achieve/where we finish. Thats not some love in for Benitez its realism and the acknowledgement of our current limitations and huge job he has on his hands.

I would say in 12-18 months time we'll look a lot heathier both in terms of the clubs finances and the squad's commitment/quality on the field.

Rome wasn't built in a day its why soon as we lose a game or James isn't on the team sheet the fans need to reign it in with the "Benitez oot" nonsense - get who in? Potter who we just humbled? Some bloke from Portugal wet behind the ears?

Its time fans united and got behind the manager im looking forward to the season despite acknowledging we'll likely finish 8th at best.
Great post

Status
Not open for further replies.