2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re making all managers look poor though. I’m not saying you’re wrong but I don’t think Benitez is that poor a manager. He took Newcastle out of the championship and had a terrible squad safe in mid table. Yes he’s not as good as he once might have been but he’s also not terrible. The same as Ancelotti, the same as Allardyce, the same as Silva. The only manager I actually think was a complete fraud was Koeman. The rest have all been decent managers. Ancelotti for me a rung above all the others but I wouldn’t say the others were terrible managers at all.

This club makes them look like terrible managers. These players make them look like terrible managers. Ancelotti had them in 2nd on Boxing Day. Some very good tactics and the fear that they’d be turfed out if they didn’t perform had us in a very good league position. Look at the drop off though they downed tools on one off the best managers we’ve had in the prem to such an extent we dropped like a stone. No wonder he ran out on us, he probably knew what absolute mutinous rats he had in the squad.

Fire Benitez whatever, I couldn’t care less really. This utopia some see though where a shiny new manager comes in, United the fan base, and suddenly has us playing great football, doesn’t exist. These players will ensure it doesn’t exist. They’ve not worked continuously for a single manager we’ve had. They have to be shipped out.
When you give him credit for saving Newcastle from the championship but blindly ignore the fact he relegated them I laugh.

Rafael has been playing us a lot more agressive and evene turned a few games where we were behind into a winning game. How long since that has happened under previous managers? Its a [Poor language removed] squad with the little qualit we have, out injured. Good luck with a new manager.

That will ony happen with brain dead EFC ''fans'' demanding Rafas head., and then appoint yet another star manager with ditto salary and pay off clause.

Rafael at least has us move in a much more attacking way. Please tell me, what system should Rafael play?

Could you be more obvious ?

Clearly youre not someone who watches the matches.

Im not going to say it...everyone can see it.

There’s no “and co”, it was purely Moshiri’s decision. He ignored fan outrage and his colleagues on the board to appoint him. This appointment is 1000% on him.

100% he even came out and said as much on Talksport

As if the fans chose the last managers and so he's finally going to choose who he wants.

Absolute penfold.

The funny thing is we could only be a Lewin away from our regular starting 11 team against the RS.

Shocking management.

No ffp restrictions on manager salaries I believe - the 8m could be 12m for the right man

If theres no FFP / Profit and sustaibability issues regarding sacking/paying oft managers then we simply have to put together an actual plan of how much we can spend and when.

Then go with that to agents of elite managers with a big salary on offer

This time last year Chelsea went into free fall so they got a really good manager in who, shock horror, transformed those players and they went and won a Champions League with Timo Werner up front, who couldn't hit a barn door over the last year.

The worry is that the board yet again wont look beyond the premier league..

Hit Rock bottom today with his snide comments to the fans

Pathetic that...even for him.

We scored 1 goal this month

What a truly desperate stat from a truly depressing, outdated, archaic, clueless manager.

This is not 2004. This is 2021. Why have we appointed a pound shop version of Mourinho in 2021

Mourinho would have been better

We’ve gone from averaging 1.55 points per game to just below 1

Same set of players; I guess the washed up dinosaur is not the tactical genius you all told us he is

Imagine the balls on him not to change anything.

Its like hes doing this deliberately.

Who was the right choice? Nuno who has already been sacked by Spurs. Howe who hasn't made a very good start at Newcastle. Lampard who keeps failing his interviews. Favre who took one look at Palaces squad and ran a mile.

Perhaps you could name some managers in Europe / South America that people actually want ?

Then argue why theyre worse than Benitez.

Ten Hag
Ruben Amorim
Marcelo Gallardo

Compare them to your clown idol.

Give it a rest mate.
Read the room.
Your sycophantic Benitez worship is convincing nobody.
1 win in 10 and no chance of that changing before Christmas.

kickers-caught.gif

Ave it Raffa
This

David Moyes (4th in PL)
Roberto Martinez (Belgium, ranked 1 in the world)
Ronald Koeman (Succeeded with Holland. Failed at Barcelona)
Sam Allardyce (given up after he failed so save WBA)
Marco Silva (currently 1st in Championship)
Carlo Ancellotti (4 points clear at the top of La Liga)
Benitez

Why can't any of these managers get a tune out of us, especially as we had money for most of this time

Makes zero sense considering they've allowed him to do a full review on the backroom staff and have this week told the u23s and u18s to start playing Rafas system.

Doesn't sound like a board which is about to sack someone. Sounds like a board who are behind a long term project.
Benny boy's "system"?
Explain please....

Evertonians are known for their patience and their logic.

I don’t think there’ll be calls for Benitez to go at this stage. Yes we’re four places lower than we finished under the great Carlo Ancelotti last season, but most blues realise that you can’t be expected to achieve much when your best players are all injured for months on end. The injury situation has cleared up somewhat and against Brentford we were only missing our best defender (Mina) and our two best attackers Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But we were desperately unlucky. We had 61% of the possession, almost THREE TIMES as many shots on target as Brentford and we should have had at least two penalties.

The next two matches are crucial. If we cannot get results at home then we’re in trouble. I remember when we last won the league and the great Howard Kendall said something along the lines of “It was our home form that did it. How can you not win the overwhelming majority of your home games when you’re playing in front of these fans? They’re like a 12th fan. They encourage you from the first whistle to the last.”

Status
Not open for further replies.