2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a performance on Wednesday or we'll be writing another embarrassing chapter in our recent history. The thought of him managing us through a Derby annihilation isn't pleasant.

I didn’t want him in the first place, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. He’s inherited as bad and as gutless a squad I’ve seen us have, but you mould your tactics to the players you do have, and his have been shocking.

Signing Rondon showed how out of touch he is with the league and the club.

People are. But, let's not ignore that Benitez has been hired to get a tune out of these players; at worst, he was brought in to stabilise the club.

Is he doing either? Like I said the other day and before, does it appear that he's making gains with what he's got?

I agree its not going well - but my argument is who can make things any better?

Yes an Alladyce or Pulis could come in to "stabilise" us - but no one wants that 95% of our fans were made up when Alladyce went.

Calm heads and patience must prevail.

I’m not backing him. I’m calling for the players to be exited in January, the medical team to be dismantled, and Brands and Baxendale to be fired.

If someone at Everton then thinks it’s sensible to fire Benitez after that then I couldn’t care.

My point is that firing the manager is the easy way out and solves nothing. We’ve all been watching the same games for 7 years. Why does anyone think a new manager changes that? We’d get a mini bounce, new contracts handed out, then in 12 months we’re in the same place except Coleman Keane Iwobi Holgate all have new deals.
Ok fair enough. I agree more than the manger is accountable and other heads should roll.

I’m not backing him. I’m calling for the players to be exited in January, the medical team to be dismantled, and Brands and Baxendale to be fired.

If someone at Everton then thinks it’s sensible to fire Benitez after that then I couldn’t care.

My point is that firing the manager is the easy way out and solves nothing. We’ve all been watching the same games for 7 years. Why does anyone think a new manager changes that? We’d get a mini bounce, new contracts handed out, then in 12 months we’re in the same place except Coleman Keane Iwobi Holgate all have new deals.
Leaving Brands aside for a moment, what has DBB done to provoke your ire, with your great and extensive knowledge of the roles, responsibilities and performance of her role?

Benitez deserves criticism - but not as much as the players and, especially, the board.

I'd sack Benitez in the morning if it meant we were also sacking Brands, Baxendale, Kenwright, and everybody up to Moshiri. In the absence of the required clearout, I see zero point in sacking the manager. He hasn't been backed. Getting rid will solve no long-term issues in the absence of a total purge. Putting hangers-on of dubious repute in charge, such as Ferguson, Unsworth, or Baines, would be window-dressing of the lowest kind and hasten total demise. It'll make a few sentimental types feel better for a few days, but nothing will be solved in the medium term.

At this point, I don't care about relegation. I was terrified of it under Smith, Kendall, Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, and Silva. We made the changes we had to make, albeit too late, in most cases. But I've seen that avoiding relegation to simply make up the numbers and repeat the process is the very definition of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It's the very definition of madness. An Everton that truly competes for titles and trophies is worth preserving. An Everton that just wants to make up the numbers might as well be relegated. The club needs a total reset. Relegation would, if nothing else, bring that evil day forward to finally be confronted. We could do a Sunderland or we could renew. No guarantees. But I am past caring. We've had over 30 years on life support. Pulling the plug might at least offer the faint hope of an after-life.

Status
Not open for further replies.