He knew we had a finished Coleman as first choice RB and captain
He knew we had Davies as back up
He knew we had no wingers that resemble footballers
He knew we had no back up for DCL
He knew he had no money to spend
He knew these players are gutless
He knew the fans would be against him
He knew he had to hit the ground running to get the fans onboard
He knew the owner and DoF were useless as we he wouldn't be inheriting all of the above

He knew what he was walking into and what he had to work with and he was happy to put pen to paper on his sweet multi million pound a year contract that got him 'home'

After listing all the above are you still ready to blame the manager for the way things are going?

I am in the camp of not wanting to sack managers all the time as we will still have the same players, but for gods sake if he plays Rondon at Brentford he is not doing himself any favours at all.

What do these so called professional mangers/coaches see in these players that we don’t ? And I mean Ferguson in this, surely he should be saying to Benitez he is sh#t£ and is totally out of his depth

He knew we had a finished Coleman as first choice RB and captain
He knew we had Davies as back up
He knew we had no wingers that resemble footballers
He knew we had no back up for DCL
He knew he had no money to spend
He knew these players are gutless
He knew the fans would be against him
He knew he had to hit the ground running to get the fans onboard
He knew the owner and DoF were useless as we he wouldn't be inheriting all of the above

He knew what he was walking into and what he had to work with and he was happy to put pen to paper on his sweet multi million pound a year contract that got him 'home'
Question is who else would of signed up to that? Dunc or Rhino might because of love for the club, but its pretty uch impossibble to attract an ambitious younger manager with that list of negatives or a mnager in demand, Rafael is here for a reason, you just listed them.
His job is safe, very safe

He's had a shoestring, and signed a backup striker, who we shouldn't of had to sign in the first place
You keep saying he had to sign Rondon. He didnt have to sign anyone. I have no doubt our young players coming up can do the same job better than Rondon can. Rondon was decent a decade ago, but not a single person on here wanted him signed for a reason. If we can see it, why in the world couldnt the manager?

The young players? When we signed Rondon, one of them was injured, in Simms.

Aside from the cameos of Dobbin at United, have you ever seen them actually play? Is it right to throw them in the deep end and expect them to hold the line and carry the weight of expectation? I'm all for giving youngers a chance, they can't keep playing the same old dross, but if they're not ready, they're not ready.

What's the point in bringing in Dobbin in to get no service, anyway?

Managers bring in their favourites at every club, it's not exclusive to Everton.

They probably aren't ready, I agree. But playing a player who is young and hungry with scope to improve is better than playing a slow and immobile player well past their best.

Blooding young players is literally the only thing we haven't tried at this club and it's probably the only thing that could potentially work. That means developing our own players so that means the academy needs to be improved immediately.

If we sack FSW, we'd have had 9 managers in 8 years.

As far as I see it, we're unlikely to get relegated under his stewardship. I can see a lot of our players leaving for clubs with higher ambitions in the next two or three seasons (namely Allan, DCL, Richarlison, Pickford, and Digne). By the time our new stadium is built, we'd have effectively started from a clean slate FFP wise and can rebuild from there onwards.

You can't spend 8 seasons wrecklessly spending on players that massively underperform and expect a new manager to come in and just fix things overnight. Ancelloti - a three times CL winner - got 10th with these lot. We can't expect miracles.

After listing all the above are you still ready to blame the manager for the way things are going?
He is a small part of the problem but not the only problem. It still doesn't deter the fact that he's not a very good manager and will never achieve anything here with or without money. Why are we waiting for the inevitable? He will be sacked by the club soon 100% guaranteed

Question is who else would of signed up to that? Dunc or Rhino might because of love for the club, but its pretty uch impossibble to attract an ambitious younger manager with that list of negatives or a mnager in demand, Rafael is here for a reason, you just listed them.

It's a hard job no doubt, but I don't quite get why you think no manager would be interested in picking up 100k+ a week to do it.

We pay ridiculous wages to managers ( which is part of the problem at the club ) but that alone attracts A LOT of managers.

The problem isnt who else can we get, the problem is the man appointing the manager hasn't got a clue

Have you stopped to think about why we might be “just crap” regardless of who the manager is? Have you considered that the whole club may be a shambles from top to bottom?
This is what I was getting at but the point was missed slightly.

We lose and everyone clambers over each other to say get rid of Rafà. The fact is that out of our last 12 permanent managers you’d only say 2 of them were a success, and that goes back to 1994.

At the very least Brands needs to go as well. Changing the manager won’t do anything except at best paper over the cracks for a year.

His job isn't safe its very simple, if you don't get results and you're free falling down the league you will get the bullet. So unless he gets results very soon he will inevitably be fired.

Tell me one aspect of the playing side showing ANY sign of improvement under this super coach.

We are going backwards under the fat clown.
We've had 12 games under him in the PL.

Before the injuries kicked in and when we were getting results I seem to remember most on here saying they could see the massive change in attitude to getting behind the ball and closing down. We were then able to use the pace and width we had on the counter. But when that's robbed off you (especially DCL's hold up play and ability to provide a figure up there to make the ball stick to build up those counter attacks) and Doucoure's punch from midfield following those attacks up those tactics dont work.

Can we play another way? Well we cant play possession football with the players we have, so we'll just have to be patient until Doucoure and DCl are available...and get to the January window and buy a quality player who can deputise for either should they get another injury.

Time and resources. That's what Benitez has to get in order to be judged.

I think the owners of this club get that and wont be swayed by the noisy minority in the coming weeks.

It's a hard job no doubt, but I don't quite get why you think no manager would be interested in picking up 100k+ a week to do it.

We pay ridiculous wages to managers ( which is part of the problem at the club ) but that alone attracts A LOT of managers.

The problem isnt who else can we get, the problem is the man appointing the manager hasn't got a clue
If he hasnt got a clue why do you think Moshiri can get the next one right? That's another problem, we cant trust him. Besides that why couldnt we attract one of these managers in the summer then?

Status
Not open for further replies.